• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Beetween nytro and cat 1100 turbo

Tom Hearn

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 nytro
Ok I know this is a Yamaha forum but I figure I would get honest opinions on the cat I'm considering, it's a 2012 cat 1100 turbo with 3000 kms, don't know much about them but like the looks and the low mileage is a plus, FYI I'm not ditching my nytro just looking for another sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a very reliable sled for my buddies!

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

There was two issues I was aware of and that's a guage update and apparently something about clutched needing alignment to fix a belt issue

my buddy own one for quite a while now he kept is xf1100 turbo stock for about a year he blew 2 belt the first year 300$ a belt fucking sucks ! and it wasnt that fast to be honest i wasnt shy to pull beside him with my zr 900 another thing is the saggie fox float they bottom out all day long i wasnt impress . then he went TD exhaust , TD 3 stage flash and clutching that made a huge difference it pull now ! but made him blow a lot more belt 2 in the same month dont forget they are 300$ a piece bottom line there not enough air flow under the hood it retains the heat the belt and the clutch get so hot (15 min before i can handle the clutch bare handed to replace the belt ) the belt simply cant last without a lot venting on the stock panel one more thing under hard acceleration the chassi flex and the belt deflection get way off nothing to help the already overheated belt but OSP make a floating bearing for the secondary clutch to keep everything aligned when you squeeze the trottle they like to overheat even in good condition ! on the up side they handling well they are good on fuel TD eco trail is by far the best tune for riding 200 hp and better on fuel then the stock map

Last edited:
my buddy own one for quite a while now he kept is xf1100 turbo stock for about a year he blew 2 belt the first year 300$ a belt fucking sucks ! and it wasnt that fast to be honest i wasnt shy to pull beside him with my zr 900 another thing is the saggie fox float they bottom out all day long i wasnt impress . then he went TD exhaust , TD 3 stage flash and clutching that made a huge difference it pull now ! but made him blow a lot more belt 2 in the same month dont forget they are 300$ a piece bottom line there not enough air flow under the hood it retains the heat the belt and the clutch get so hot (15 min before i can handle the clutch bare handed to replace the belt ) the belt simply cant last without a lot venting on the stock panel one more thing under hard acceleration the chassi flex and the belt deflection get way off nothing to help the already overheated belt but OSP make a floating bearing for the secondary clutch to keep everything aligned when you squeeze the trottle they like to overheat even in good condition ! on the up side they handling well they are good on fuel TD eco trail is by far the best tune for riding 200 hp and better on fuel then the stock map

Ended up going with my gut and got a second nytro, now I have a xtx and rtx
fd5638e262dfbc3c70604e6ea1b3798e.jpg

Ended up going with my gut and got a second nytro, now I have a xtx and rtx
fd5638e262dfbc3c70604e6ea1b3798e.jpg

Good move IMHO.
2012 Turbo Cats had issues & a fair bit of lag.
I drove one for an evening & did not care for it at all.
Congrats.

Good move IMHO.
2012 Turbo Cats had issues & a fair bit of lag.
I drove one for an evening & did not care for it at all.
Congrats.

Yah I heard there were a few specially with belt, I got a good deal on this one for 5,000$ has 3200 miles, need to find a blue hood and bottom left panel to make perfect...

Good time to pick up nytros now. There are lots for sale, I don't know why, it's so much better than the viper IMO.

I was hoping to pick up a viper, but having cash in my hand and finding the nytro with low miles I had to get it, needs a hood and lower side panel to be mint but it's gonna be a long summer lol

IMG_5662.JPG
Good time to pick up nytros now. There are lots for sale, I don't know why, it's so much better than the viper IMO.

$5k will take my '09 RTX with add ons, buddy's Viper is an awesome ride-
It's time to upgrade in years & the chassis world.

View attachment 128061

$5k will take my '09 RTX with add ons, buddy's Viper is an awesome ride-
It's time to upgrade in years & the chassis world.

473dc0984edd18c008bef74f073dd76e.jpg

Was wanting the long track, love my RTX but the short track and me being fat made for lots of digging.. now I got the pair should keep smiles on me face for awhile

Wife's XTX is much different in the handling & suspension depts. + being set up for her so I rarely ride it but the lil shorty has been in some of the deep stuff and kept on motoring thru since she won't break trail.
Enjoy 'em.

Wife's XTX is much different in the handling & suspension depts. + being set up for her so I rarely ride it but the lil shorty has been in some of the deep stuff and kept on motoring thru since she won't break trail.
Enjoy 'em.

Yah I'm gonna keep them both, missus can rip on the rtx and I'll have it for nice trails lol here where I live the rtx I was constantly having to get a hand cause it would get stuck, granted I'm fat so I think I know the real issue at hand

Back