• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt Storage

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 Yamaha Sidewinder X-TX LE 141
A guy in our group just bought a leftover 2017 SideWinder LTX LE 137 (great looking sled and the shock package is incredible), but isn't sure where to store his spare belt.

The stock bag behind the seat is smaller than that on a Viper and leaves a lot to be desired. Also, there doesn't seem to be any space around the clutch guard to store a belt like we can on the Viper or like provided on an Apex or RS Vector.

Aside from buying a different tunnel bag, does anyone have recommendations?

Did I see someone put it under the clutch?

Other then that.... you said tunnel bag.

Attachments

• IMG_5469.JPG
    IMG_5469.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 815
looks like there is room under the engine if it could be secured somehow. I have mine in the storage bag at the back though.

I have the stock tunnel bag and it fits (not easily) in there.

Belanger Racing Products makes a belt guard/protector to be installed under the clutches to protect the bottom of the side panel from being damaged if a belt breaks. I'm seeing if we can create some extra space under the guard (between guard and bottom of the side panel) where a belt would fit nicely. Waiting to hear back. Would be a great spot (would be protected) might also want to put it in a bag to protect it from belt dust etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Belanger Racing Products makes a belt guard/protector to be installed under the clutches to protect the bottom of the side panel from being damaged if a belt breaks. I'm seeing if we can create some extra space under the guard (between guard and bottom of the side panel) where a belt would fit nicely. Waiting to hear back. Would be a great spot (would be protected) might also want to put it in a bag to protect it from belt dust etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Plenty of room under the clutch. Added a belt clip and tucked it under the engine.

Attachments

• belt guard.JPG
    belt guard.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,117
I was concerned that if you broke your belt at 100mph it might damage the belt without some protection. Had a guy in our group puncture his rad line on a vector when his belt broke at 80mph - the protective piece of aluminum that protected the line was removed.

Plenty of room under the clutch. Added a belt clip and tucked it under the engine.
I hate to be negative, but after others reports here, if your belt goes, you may also be taking out your spare. Saw 1 pic on here that showed broken plastic on the bottom of the sled when the belt went. If a belt was in between there, that may have been garbage too.
Hopefully, that wouldn't ever happen, however.

How did you install the clip - pop rivet?
I would if I had my pop rivet gun with so I just drilled 2 holes bolts and lock washer and nuts.

I hate to be negative, but after others reports here, if your belt goes, you may also be taking out your spare. Saw 1 pic on here that showed broken plastic on the bottom of the sled when the belt went. If a belt was in between there, that may have been garbage too.
Hopefully, that wouldn't ever happen, however.
I hope that doesn't happen either and I really can't see if wrecking the extra belt if it does go. I can see it blowing holes in hard cold, brittle plastic but have a hard time believing it could destroy a rubber belt. I may put it in a canvas bag or try to come up with a guard to protect it.

Back