• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bender turbo

Turboapex06

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Attack
The center section of my turbo gave up. Does anyone know of a place that rebuilds these small turbos or just buy an new one? It is a Bender turbo kit, best I can tell it is a GT25?

That would be awesome. Yes I just pulled it out, is there any info on the turbo that you need to know if it will work?

I didn't see one there but I will take a closer look when I get home. I took some pictures of it that I can send you if that's any help

I'm riding today but back tonight. Thinking it is probably easiest to have you bring the turbo to my shop and I'll measure the turbine/compressor wheels to see if it will fit.

PM'd you my number.

i have a garrett 2560 for sale if your interested also .complete turbo .very low miles on it .bought from ted jennetty on this site .turbo is like new condition .ported wastage and cerimic coated also .thank you

Bender used a Garrett GT25 series, it's a 2554... like what rx1 fern has offered, the 2560 is a nice upgrade... same exhaust housing and center section but you'd have to fabricate the compressor housing to match up to your Bender tunnel intercooler / charge tube.

i have a garrett 2560 for sale if your interested also .complete turbo .very low miles on it .bought from ted jennetty on this site .turbo is like new condition .ported wastage and cerimic coated also .thank you
Might be something I would look at doing. How much were you looking to get for it?

Bender used a Garrett GT25 series, it's a 2554... like what rx1 fern has offered, the 2560 is a nice upgrade... same exhaust housing and center section but you'd have to fabricate the compressor housing to match up to your Bender tunnel intercooler / charge tube.
What type of fabricating would be required? Just clocking the housing to match up to the tube or would I have to machine the outlet?

If I recall correctly I think Bender had machined off the outlet flange on the compressor housing and welded on a spigot to use with a clamp-on silicone coupler. Same with the inlet, so they could clamp on the air / snow filter.
There are bolt-on Compressor Inlet & Outlet Adapter Flanges you can buy, I have a set in my parts cabinet that I procured actually from Ted Jannetty a few years ago, that might do the trick with some additional alterations if there is sufficient space in between...
Or give FPP a call, as they had bought up all the old Bender Turbo Systems jigs and fixtures and offer all the replacement parts now Their own RX1 and Apex kits are based off alot of those same fixtures (check out their website). The GT2860 from them on my Apex is like that. So you could always just send them that 2560 compressor housing and they would machine it / modify it but if the compressor housing is ceramic coated that will chew it up...

BTW, what did your center section in?

Last edited:

Back