• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bergstrom

They are the longest lasting bars you can buy. I used them last year for the first time. I put on over 2000 miles on them. Last weekend I checked them out and they look almost new. Well worth the $.

The center carbide in mine were gone in 1000 miles. Flat. 2 side carbides still look pretty good.
Same as about what I get out of a set of Stud Boys or Woody's.
They sure look impressive, but to be honest, I haven't seen anything above and beyond regular stuff. 3 of us all got them at the same time. None are on the sleds anymore. Worn out. I personally didn't see any better cornering in snow or in a gas station. They did dart way less, but I think that is due to the shim he sends as I kept that when I replaced the carbides to something cheaper and it still don't dart. Not real sure what effect the ski savers did.. except maybe take ground abuse vs my ski taking it.
Now my results may be due to my riding style. Everyone is different. Your results may vary.

I'll swear by them. I won't say they work miracles but what I've got for my money has made me a loyal customer. I've got about 2000 miles on my 8" triple points and they are doing great.

RunninRX1 said:
The center carbide in mine were gone in 1000 miles. Flat. 2 side carbides still look pretty good.
They sure look impressive, but to be honest, I haven't seen anything above and beyond regular stuff. 3 of us all got them at the same time. None are on the sleds anymore. Worn out. I personally didn't see any better cornering in snow or in a gas station. They did dart way less, but I think that is due to the shim he sends as I kept that when I replaced the carbides to something cheaper and it still don't dart. Not real sure what effect the ski savers did.. except maybe take ground abuse vs my ski taking it.
Now my results may be due to my riding style. Everyone is different. Your results may vary.

This is the absolute first time I've heard someone voice any disatisfaction with the Bergstrom triple points. Maybe you should run it on snow instead of asphalt drags and see how they wear then?

I run triple points on both my Attaks. very happy with them and like talking with Scott about his product. He is very helpful and enthusiastic.

We have 5 sleds in the family, all 3 kids Vipers have 6" triple points and the wifes Apex and my Apex has 8" triple points. Im pretty loyal to Scott @Bergstrom. Also it's nice that his shop is only 3 miles from the house.

Ive switched to shaper bars from the triplepoints. For as much as i like scott, I think the shaper bars are a better product. My triple points had chunks missing from the carbide in only about 500 miles. They kept there sharpness pretty well at that point,but noticed no difference in handling between the two.The craftsmanship on the shaper bars are much better than the bergsroms.

I have not tried em but thinking about it. I have had great luck with the stud boy deuce bars, at least 2,000 miles a set on 6" carbides. Never actually wore one all the way out but did break one in Canada on the rocks. When I get a set wore down I put them on the wifes RX1. No darting with these at all either so its hard to switch. $60 apiece at the snow show. Not knocking the Bergstroms, just never tried them

For the guys missing chunks of carbide, call Scott at Bergsrtom. He had some heat treating issues and he will work with you on that. For the guy who wasn't sure what the shim was doing, It puts your carbide flat on the ground and the gives you better wear, easier turning and No darting. You might want to look at anybody sled without them and you will see the carbide wearing out at the front first. I have old carbide all worn out in the front half and plenty of carbide in the rear. I test carbide and haven't found Anybody else's carbide come close to the Bergstrom. At this moment I'm testing the Shaper Bars and they seem to be pretty good but Not even close to the Berstrom Carbides. Try them you will be hooked. Just my 2 cents

Fusion said:
RunninRX1 said:

This is the absolute first time I've heard someone voice any disatisfaction with the Bergstrom triple points. Maybe you should run it on snow instead of asphalt drags and see how they wear then?

Listen, I don't run on asphalt. I have a dedicated sled for that. Last year we had awesome snow and I put on a few thousand miles. Maybe we got a bad batch since all 3 of us put them on at the same time. Don't know. I still have them, but they are up north. I'll grab them and get pictures. You'll see the center bar is worn flat so the end result is you have a 'carbide' that is about 1/2" wide. I don't remember any chunks missing. They definitely don't turn when they get like that.

One thing about this site I have learned is you have to take reviews and things with a huge grain of salt. It goes for alot of things people talk about on here. Even simple things like gloves. Warmest hands ever! I'll get a set. WTF? My hands are freezing. Reviewer must have been some big old fat dude who sweats in an air conditioned room. They worked for him, but he is not me.
The longest lasting set I have personally witnessed in my riding group is CB Performance. Couple thousand miles riding with us and they are still pretty sharp. That mean they are the best? No idea. He rode with us and his are sharp, ours are dull. Says something I guess. I have nothing against the Bergstroms, they just didn't perform to my expectations. Doesn't matter how much they cost to me if they work how I want them to.

What are the 2 long plastic pieces for that come in the kit for and how are they supposed to be used?

Back