• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best belt for Winder?

Sometimes the clutch changes we make can be deceiving. I remember back in the day on one of my Cats I made some changes that made the sled feel very fast. Then my Wife went by me on the lake on her much less powered sled. I had to rethink my clutching changes really quick after that. You can make any sled slow with changes to your clutch. Sometimes even suggestions on the internet don't work as claimed and I know that's hard to believe because everything on the net is true right? I find it very hard to believe that guys are only seeing 105 mph. My sled is bone stock and only has 500 miles but I saw 115 on my speedo on a groomed trail and I wasn't holding it WOT for long. I know on a hard packed lake it will go 120 or better no problem. I'm talking speedo here and not a Doo dream meter. I only raced one 850 and in those loose snow conditions the best I could get was about 105 but I was still pulling away from him and we both had 137" tracks.

Hahaha. Good post. I'm not a fan of putting on the latest & greatest. At least get a baseline of what the sled can & can't do.

My whole point to this season....Can my sled do 120mph or not. If it came up short, like others. I would have worked towards dialing it in until it did what others are doing.

Make no mistake, the LTX SE 137" is capable of running out of gear or 120mph+ in stock form. My did, on nightmare conditions.

IMG_0151.JPG
Well I'm hoping there's more top end to be found for mine but maybe the track and Snowtrackers are robbing me. 3 consecutive days max 106mph GPS. Of course I was only turning 8400. Even so, none of the 3 Apexes riding with me could touch the Winder. Twisted to 7 and shimmed to set belt higher so hopefully my next trip pans out to see if any gains can be made.

No snow are you serious?
My place is 9 miles south of Wakefield, MI.. I go into PI all the time.. We did not ride Saturday or Sunday. ITS TOAST .. ALOT of mud.. 3/4 inch of rain tonight.. I will be going back up on Wednesday night.. I will be Ice fishing.(if the ice isn't gone). I would say its DONE for the year.. The frost is coming out of the ground where trails are.. Cricks/streams are running.. Its bad .. Really bad

Real world experience.

I have blown 2 8jp
Belts. Both times I can't really blame the belt (holding wot just toooo long).
I started running 8dn to get on some miles. It worked fine but did not have the grip of the 8jp.

The pic is when my wife got the winder stuck and just smoked the 8dn. It burnt bad.

I switched it on the spot with my used 8jp and it came right out of the snow. I've been running the 8jp for about 400 miles and i really like the way this belt feels. I just know if I hold WOT , be ready!!

Attachments

• IMG_5169.JPG
    IMG_5169.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 133

Back