• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

best NOS set up

jon is advertising 138.5 mph on MSN. To bad he has decided not to post on TY any more but you surely would have thought he would be telling the world of that run if in fact he did it.

ptm

As far as I know 87gtnos(Jonathan) doesnt have a turbo sled....and the speeds he posted on HCS were 127.9 on bottle...those speeds are also on the North bay radar website too....and I saw him run those speeds myself..very cool.

Now,it surely is possible Jon might have run faster on another day or another track?...or maybe later on after the runs were over?....

His sled works well....I have been thinking of Holtzman kit for my apex since last december,but we had no radar weather all season..too much snow....so,when i saw the PROOF the kit works well,i just had to order it!.lol.

Mine is 99% installed now..waiting for two parts from barry and hoping if all goes well to have it out for testing wed night here...we got a few inches snow here which will help the lake alot....

Ill keep posted here!
dna

DocTorC word is turbo is not in the future, still not proven. Perhaps Jon was calculating his sled would have run based upon a good tail wind and what improvement it had on other sleds and dream on dream on dream on....lol

Dan I hear you about no track. This saturday was the first chance I got to open up my Mach on ice and then hit the Boondocker NOS for 2-3 seconds and ran a 130 on gps. Was very impressed considerring that is on pump 91 and only with about a 30-35 hp shot. A little more dial up on NOS and who knows. NOS works and works great.

ptm

puddytatman said:
DocTorC word is turbo is not in the future, still not proven. Perhaps Jon was calculating his sled would have run based upon a good tail wind and what improvement it had on other sleds and dream on dream on dream on....lol

ptm

Maybe he just ran it in the wind on Satuday...it's hard to find a lake like Simcoe where the wind is not interupted...but the muskoka lakes are pretty big.

I'm coming around on the NOS thing. I'm still a turbo guy and I really thing the rear mounts have been proven extensively but the NOS is simple. With the flat torgue curve you can still run trailable clutching even with what Jon is spraying...I dunno though..Race sleds are for Racing.

puddytatman said:

Dan I hear you about no track. This saturday was the first chance I got to open up my Mach on ice and then hit the Boondocker NOS for 2-3 seconds and ran a 130 on gps. Was very impressed considerring that is on pump 91 and only with about a 30-35 hp shot. A little more dial up on NOS and who knows. NOS works and works great.

ptm

Stan...

Nice numbers!....I got 2 buds here who have the big thunder kits on their machs,they seem to like them alot,run real strong...

Im exicted about finally going NOS...ive been considering it since last season when i started hearing more and more guys running NOS on apexs....I like my trail sled to be trail reliable and just felt the turbo would NOT cut it for the pounding we do on our trails day after day..plus when you talk about 6500+ bucks for what i wanted,it was a no brainor to go to NOS for under 1000.

I love the idea of riding a stock motor all day,and still knowing we can go out and radar 130+!...this is the ticket for me!...."best bang for buck"!

Im hoping to get my kit done tomorrow,IF these damn parts come!...99% there now,just two fittings waiting for thru purolator.

Stan,let me know if you guys got a good track..our lakes are all still rough with the frozen slush paches...rain thursday might help,level lake off finally and IF it freezes we should be good!..gun is here and ready to go!

Dan

machzed said:
puddytatman said:

ptm

Stan...

Nice numbers!....I got 2 buds here who have the big thunder kits on their machs,they seem to like them alot,run real strong...

Im exicted about finally going NOS...ive been considering it since last season when i started hearing more and more guys running NOS on apexs....I like my trail sled to be trail reliable and just felt the turbo would NOT cut it for the pounding we do on our trails day after day..plus when you talk about 6500+ bucks for what i wanted,it was a no brainor to go to NOS for under 1000.

I love the idea of riding a stock motor all day,and still knowing we can go out and radar 130+!...this is the ticket for me!...."best bang for buck"!

Im hoping to get my kit done tomorrow,IF these damn parts come!...99% there now,just two fittings waiting for thru purolator.

Stan,let me know if you guys got a good track..our lakes are all still rough with the frozen slush paches...rain thursday might help,level lake off finally and IF it freezes we should be good!..gun is here and ready to go!

Dan

Dan

I hear you about the turbo. I have been watching and gathering information for a long time on them and still not ready to make the plunge but they seem to be getting closer and closer. I must say I was really impressed with gtnos sled at NB. I still am taken by the fact you can run that much of a shot of NOS on a 4 stroke - 90 HP - and run pump fuel 91 but hey I guess that is the difference between a 4 stroke and a 2 stroke.

I really love the BD kit as you can set your sled up and just hit it a bit when and if needed to go on by. No need for race fuel or clicking down or anything just dial the amount of NOS you want and hang on. For racing add the clutching weight and the fuel and go for it but to me when running up the lake or trial and pull up beside someone I do noy want to say hold on I got to click down to race.

The lake - simcoe - is perfect right now almost all glare ice and very fast. I think the rain will kill it who knows but still hope to get out one more time to see what more there is in it.

Best of luck.

ptm

Hello NOS guys:

I'm new to this side of TY so please forgive my Rookieness. I'm usually on the Turbo side. I'm running an 03 RX1 with Bender stage 2 rear mount. I've made a number of small detail updates to try and squeeze out the best performance possible. The sled has morfed into basically a 660-1,000' ice racer, but sometimes I like to run 2,000' for top end thrills. 116mph in 660' is normal, 139mph in 2,000' running 25/38 with the clutches "not" cut.
That being said, I'd like to add NOS to the turbo to help her get off the line better and then let the turbo do it's thing. 3-4 second shot at I'm guessing 50 hp!!??
Any recommendations will be extremely appreciated. A simple explaination or Shop recommendation will do .
Holtzman, Boss Noss, etc. Any experiences adding NOS to a Turbo would be super. Somebody must be doing it with success!
Thanks,
OTIS RX

Back