• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BEST OPTION FOR HAULING SLED IN PICK UP BED?

philchy

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR VIPER RTX-DX, 2008 APEX GT 40TH ANIVERSARY, 2008 VECTOR GT 4OTH ANIVERSARY,2008 VENTURE GT, 2012 VECTOR RS, 2011 VECTOR GT,2003 RX1
I am looking for the best way to load/unload my sled into the bed of my pick up, 2012 F250 Super Duty, what have you guys seen out there or what are you using? any pictures of ideas you have would be great.

if you where closer i would sell you the atv/sled ramp system i was given for my truck. all aluminum and the ramp stores underneath the sled/atv.

i usually use a trifold ramp with the ski guides to load it if no snow bank around. unload, i usually just back it off with no ramp as i usually jump it higher than the fall to the ground from the tailgate.

Anyone ever see a sled deck mounted on the roof of a Ford Excursion?o_O

the one i use is similar to this but has 3 equal sections. the only problem i see with that ramp is older sleds are narrower and there looks like no provision for adding another ski section on the centre section of the ramp on one side as it looks like the carbides would hit on the hindge.

I have one of the long 3 section ramps - got in spring not used except on 1 trial time.

Were do you guys keep the ramp as the sled fills the box and don't want the ramp leaning on the sled next to it as I drive down the road. I came up with a 2x6 cut to the length that props up the sled / track so I can slide the ramp under the sled but really tough to do by myself for loading...........any better one man options with the ramp.

I know 'get a trailer' I have one' but I can nearly double my mileage and decrease my hassle if it is just me going for a 6 -12 hour trip to Munising or Manitoba alone.

OPTIONS ? how to store the ramp for one guy alone?

I have one of the long 3 section ramps - got in spring not used except on 1 trial time.

Were do you guys keep the ramp as the sled fills the box and don't want the ramp leaning on the sled next to it as I drive down the road. I came up with a 2x6 cut to the length that props up the sled / track so I can slide the ramp under the sled but really tough to do by myself for loading...........any better one man options with the ramp.

I know 'get a trailer' I have one' but I can nearly double my mileage and decrease my hassle if it is just me going for a 6 -12 hour trip to Munising or Manitoba alone.

OPTIONS ? how to store the ramp for one guy alone?

Get an aluminum ladder rack with removable cross brace. $200+/-

A lot of guys have been building a raised floor section that the sled sits on and they slide the ramp under it after the sled is loaded, also from what I have seen while surfing YouTube is the manufacturers are also using this method.

Do not attempt without a Mohawk attached to your helmet.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 215
A lot of guys have been building a raised floor section that the sled sits on and they slide the ramp under it after the sled is loaded, also from what I have seen while surfing YouTube is the manufacturers are also using this method.

Yea I saw those, pretty slick and will likely do the same or a scissors jack just to lift the sled to get the ramp under the sled. thanks YAmadoo

Guy that I bought my Nytro XTX from had one of these. Unfolded from pretty much nothing, secured with ratchet straps to the hitch of my Titan Pro4x, drove the sled onto the extension piece and went right up the ramp. No spin or catching as the sled had something to grip besides his driveway.
Definitely would be my investment after seeing it work if I ever have the need to single haul.

Revarc:
http://www.discountramps.com/revarc-snowmobile-ramp/p/RevSled/

The problem I had with the folding ramps is that after unloading at the trail head up north. The only thing I could do with a small box on the pickup was to chain it to the tail gate drop cables. It only made it 2 trips and it was gone. If it's nice and easy to get at then they will steel it. I bought a one place trailer for 100$ more than the Ramp and have not had a problem but I do triple lock it but that will only stop them for a while!

Back