• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown Belt

ViperJoe

Extreme
Country
Canada
Has anyone blown a belt yet? Or am I the only one lol. First belt lasted 465km 8JP and exploded.

8JP belts.

1st 8JP belt blew at 18 miles with stock clutching while testing

2nd 8JP belt on the machine now with 624 miles.

But I am not stock either (Stage 4 flash and clutching)

Did someone say 8dn? I won't switch till I blow a belt.

I think viper Joe has a stage 3 evo flash

Have u done anything to the secondary spring?

With that much torque I would think u would want some more resistance in the secondary so it doesn't slip.

Worked for me with my stage 2 turbo viper

I think viper Joe has a stage 3 evo flash

Have u done anything to the secondary spring?

With that much torque I would think u would want some more resistance in the secondary so it doesn't slip.

Worked for me with my stage 2 turbo viper

I'm at stock setting on my secondary....no slipping, clutches cool and skis won't touch till 126mph

Hey Nos-Pro, again, have you had a chance to try Hurricanes primary ramps that supposedly add 20 HP @ the track ?

8dn gates carbon version @ 43 miles :o| bang.. More of a clutching set up then anything. NEED MORE HELIX angle with the weights I have

If I buy one of these aftermarket clutch kits and start eating belts, I won't be a happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@jonlafon1

Great talking with you last night bud! Sucks to hear about that belt....

Here are pics from my SW with just over 600 miles and TP clutching

20161219_191737.jpg
20161219_191842.jpg
20161219_191903.jpg
20161219_192100.jpg

^^^^^^^^You too!!!
I think its time for a big switch. I had that much belt dust in under 50 miles! Without a helix Its going to keep happening.
I have to have a setup for my week trip to the cabin in the UP!
And it looks like its lighter weights and softer springs! I got to see if I can make it happen before I leave Sunday

Back