• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown Belt

Cool stuff!

We are trying a few new helix from Dalton with a member of this forum. We'll see if we get an improvement.

A tcat with Powertrail just went 135mph gps on a plowed road
With extra gear? 11 tooth driver ?

I have stock gearing stock track and 100 junk studs lol I'm happy with that and I'm sure it will go 130 but I think it needs more gear no matter what.
Stock track is really a poor top speed track heck I dont like it at all...

128mph for stock gears is excellent.
And for a stock track even more so. A hacksaw track is good for 3 to 4mph

This was a simple test to see what it would run on top mph it us not the best trail set up the roller is better for that, I just need to get my hands on some helixes and do more testing. I do think the roller will mph just as well if not better.

sounds like we need some sort of an aftermarket cage in there in case they blow? and a recess under the seat for a spare belt.

I have stock gearing stock track and 100 junk studs lol I'm happy with that and I'm sure it will go 130 but I think it needs more gear no matter what.
Stone,try a set of 22/40 with stock chain,not sure what mph at 9000 this gear set up will bring,but I bet it works,now sense my stuff is all pulled apart I need to find that combo,sense I don't want to buy a new chain.

Something must be binding. At a half mile you should be pretty much maxed out in the 120s. I was running 118 on gps on snow in about 1000' being boosted.
Jafo1970 I remember you writing to me where you got your new 22 top gear,but right now I cant seem to find your post,can you resend it to me,please.. thanks,does the supplier have bottom gears as well,i think the bottom 40 will work with top 22 and stock chain,what do you think,and do you have a way of finding out what that combo at 9000 rpms brings for top speed.

was this a Yamaha 8DN?
Gates carbon. The secondary is binding spring and slipping belts. A lot of belt dust. Either shim helix or machine spring pocket! IMO the spring is just compressing into each coils, it's like the spring is either to soft or just not enough room to compress fully without hitting other coils

535 miles now on 8jp that came on sled belt still looks fantastic. Minimal belt dust

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

This was a simple test to see what it would run on top mph it us not the best trail set up the roller is better for that, I just need to get my hands on some helixes and do more testing. I do think the roller will mph just as well if not better.
On a side note I was using the stock 8 Jp belt it's the best fir full shift

8jp belt 1600km still looks good, performance down ? maybe, Crazy dusty, not really, am I pushing its limits ? Dunno :dunno:

Ben, are you running completely stock secondary set ups for these speeds? In reading many of these replies it's sounding like helix shimming needs to be done or something more to eliminate belt slippage. Is there something us TD customers should be doing differently? Thanks

Jafo1970 I remember you writing to me where you got your new 22 top gear,but right now I cant seem to find your post,can you resend it to me,please.. thanks,does the supplier have bottom gears as well,i think the bottom 40 will work with top 22 and stock chain,what do you think,and do you have a way of finding out what that combo at 9000 rpms brings for top speed.
Yes, I have a 22 hyvo top gear in from Scott Taylor. 815-979-3428. I used the stock chain and stock 41 tooth bottom gear. Its a little tight but not too bad. Chain adjuster has to be backed off most of the way. Scott taylors top gears have oiling holes inbetween the teeth for lubing that bushing that usually wears out around 3000 or so miles. I run full synthetic tranny lube also filled to half way on site screen. Any more and it can weep out of vent tube. With this combo it should put you in the 134mph range.

Back