• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown Viper Motor. Diesel fuel.

The whole reason for this was to see if anyone could tell me what could cause the failure of this engine the way it did. No one could tell me. The guys that build 4stroke motors for a living have never seen anything like it. It has been found out to be diesel will make it look like this. If they want to delete it so be it. There is a lot of info here that I will be saving first.

Probably the best thing you could do is to update the title and the first post to put in the details about what you found. That way the post is still here and the outcome is accessible on the front end and no need to rear through all the misc BS in between.

I have changed the title for the last time. If it offends anyone else. Remove it. Wouldn't want to upset anyone about their Catamaha.

Season has ended it's put away in the shed until some poor bastard comes and drags it out of there.

I hope for you people out there that still believe in Yamaha that your sleds never leave you stranded.
Yamaha better wake up the amount of issues with them. I personally can not live with.
I will put up with my 110 mph skidoo that I can take to the mountains and play with it on the trails everyday eating a belt every 400 miles.

I thank everyone that has helped and tried to help me with all the issues and tricks trying to make my 18,000 paperweight rideable and dependable. The thought of trading it in at the dealer where I bought it they will only give me ten for it 3 months after I bought it. I am stuck with it. But it has a brand new 5k motor. So I guess as of right now it's a $23,000 paperweight.

Startron is pretty much kerosene, diesel is pretty much dyed kero...just was curious if he used it that day....

No. I filled up in one town drove to another and parked in a parking lot full of transports. Some time during supper someone put it in the tank obviously.

Man, sorry...that sucks soooooooooo freaking bad...I would be on the war path for sure!!! Buddy of mine had his phazers seat slashed while he was in a restaurant having lunch...But that doesn't even compare to what happened to yours..

Makes you wonder what's going through someone mind to make them do such a hateful act..

Back