• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Body Plastics/Panel Bolts

WideOpen17

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 FX Nytro XTX
2007 Phazer
Hey guys, I f***ed up this summer and misplaced EVERY SINGLE BOLT that holds all the body panels on the sled. I had to replace the stator last winter and didn't have the time to put the panels on. Anyone know the size of bolts I need to buy to get this thing back together?? I did look around and saw some bolts might be M6 1.0 pitch but not much else info out there.

SORRY... and thanks!!

(07 Phazer base model)

You are correct, those bolts are M6 x 1.0 and somewhere around 20mm long. I had a sketch of one around here somewhere, but cannot find it at the moment. These bolts may be the same as is used on other Yamaha and other brand motorcycles (search for 'M6 fairing bolt'), etc. and have a larger boss near the flange to help locate the plastic, but this isn't entirely necessary. I have replaced some of them with these anodized aluminum bolts in the past and they worked well, if you cannot find the ones for your machine:

Thank you so much for the info. Picked up some M6 x 20 (1.0 pitch) and they were perfect for the panels. Put the bottom plastic skid on, lower side panels, and upper panels as well, although I went back to the hardware store and got M6x10 for the uppers. Again, THANK YOU

Back