• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bolt Removal Idea Help

TC Rides

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Apex GT
All-
Any ideas welcome. I am installing new A Arm bushings on my 07 Apex and cannot get the outside, right side bolts out of the A Arms, both upper and lower bolts refuse to come out. The left side outer came apart (and went back together) easily. I have not done the left inner ones yet.
Obviously, the two A Arms are disconnected from the bulkhead, rotated 90 degrees forward and sitting on work bench. From this orientation, I used a hammer on threaded end of bolt to drive them downward (while supporting below). It almost seems like there is a c clip somewhere preventing these from being removed.
Lastly, anyone ever see a bushing break like below? Was not installed, but found in my hand when I poured out the bag.

Mods, please move this post if there is a better sub-forum for subject.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3249.jpeg
    IMG_3249.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3246.jpeg
    IMG_3246.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 80

I suspect your a-arm bolts are tweaked and preventing them from sliding out. I had one that was kinked and was a burger to get out; at least the a-arm itself was still good and straight.

Your bolts are likely bent. I have run into that before. I had to use a sawzall with a metal blade to cut the bolt between where the spindle & a-arm meet (down through lip of the bushing) to get the bolt out.

All-
Any ideas welcome. I am installing new A Arm bushings on my 07 Apex and cannot get the outside, right side bolts out of the A Arms, both upper and lower bolts refuse to come out. The left side outer came apart (and went back together) easily. I have not done the left inner ones yet.
Obviously, the two A Arms are disconnected from the bulkhead, rotated 90 degrees forward and sitting on work bench. From this orientation, I used a hammer on threaded end of bolt to drive them downward (while supporting below). It almost seems like there is a c clip somewhere preventing these from being removed.
Lastly, anyone ever see a bushing break like below? Was not installed, but found in my hand when I poured out the bag.

Mods, please move this post if there is a better sub-forum for subject.

Thank you
The bolts should easily slide right out I would also suspect they are bent & will require careful cutting of the bolts, or stuck in the spindle sleeves, make sure to use a nut on the bolt threads to prevent mushrooming,try some heat with mapp gas just don’t go crazy& lots of penetrating fluid if they are just stuck & you can free them up would be a much better problem than them being bent ,as far as the bushings it could be a quality/ brand issue I’ve only ever used the mpi/yamaha brand & never had any quality issues

Last edited:
i have cracked some putting them in before i started using a threaded rod to do it with big washers. i have only ever used yamaha/ulmers kit when doing it.

i helped a guy do a vector last season and it was lucky i had all the bolts in a spare set of a arms as i needed them. i ended up using a chunk of wood to spread the arms while i used a death wheel to cut the bolts. the fun part was getting the bolts out of the sleeves as both of the ones that stuck split the sleeve at the end that the bolts go through that is in the spindle.

Bolts are rusted to the spindle sleeves, due to lack of maintenance, air hammer them loose.

Last edited:
Mine where not bent but seized in the collars/sleeves had to sawzall them out

I had to cut mine when I replaced with Oilite bushings. Turned out the bolt was bent.

Back