• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Building a mountainsled of a RTX

Got answer from van amberg and their cooler would be enough to replace the front radiator.

Also had to return my red artic secondary clutch spring(it was just lend to me). It was an old one without any marking so after some searching from my local artic dealer it turns out it was red white

Time to wake this baby up from summerhybernation ;)

To do list:
Got a used k&n filterkit
Litium battery,relocated under the seat
Hopefully a couple of billet tunnelwheels
Roll over valve
....and I´m going to make a new seatframe that is a couple of inch lower at the back
Some more powdercoating

20141116_142517.jpg
20141125_140812.jpg
20141125_161313.jpg
Thanks to Allen Ulmer I got the missing things for my k&n kit. Some more powdercoating and some decals :cool: OFT roll over valve offcourse ;)!
Just waiting to get a free day to go welding my new lower skinzseat replica

Some weights:
OFT roll over valve 540 gr
Oem bag with spare belt and couple of tools 1100 gr
My new litium battery 1500 gr

Done,but so much not worth it :o|
The frame got 2" lower as I wanted but the seat got a bit high because the seatcover was sagging so I hade to add foam to the seat. Ended up with just little over 1" drop in seat hight. Alot of work for just 1" drop :(
The relocated litium battery turned out well ,but haven`t tested it in cold weather yet

20150101_210033.jpg
20150101_210026.jpg
20150103_205044.jpg
20150103_215119.jpg

The tree broke the lower (big) balljoint right of , front bumper smashed, steering rod bent, I got the nose cone staighten out with a heatgun and one of the two reflectors in the headlight smashed to bits......but I wasn't hurt so......no worries [emoji16]

Work very well. Have been sitting in the sled for 3month. 13.28v!!! Thats freaking good for a battery that weight like a empty shell :)

It's a Euroglobe ELTX20HL 12v 380cca
Think it's originaly for a HD bike

This weekend I started this seasons mods.

The steering is going to be a bit tidy and lighter. Moving to heater switches down. Titanium bars,crmo steering pole and studboy sharper bars

Biggest mod being the rad delete.
Thought I would lose som weight on the rad delete but it's gonna add weight instead [emoji20] So my goal to get under 250kg/550 lbs (wet) is not gonna happen.

Back