• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cable scratchers

Carla 123

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 viper xtx boosted
17 zr9000 precision stage 3
Just picked up my new 16 viper ltx se and wondered if I can drill the holes in the rails bigger to mount my cable scratchers?

I did seems fine

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just picked an existing hole and made it bigger.
c00258f7cff6ddbdc311fe490c9bc44d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drilled holes also.

The cable ice scratchers work great. We were running on a icy very marginal snow covered road for miles. Before I put the ice scratches down, my coolant temp was around 190 f. I put them down and my coolant temps dropped in the 150 f range.

Was wondering if I should drill top hole or bottom? Want to be able to hang them up when I don't need them

I drilled here. Works great. Same set of scratchers since 2014 and no issues. I let the sled sit with the scratchers down when it's not riding. You hear lots of people complain about the cable type but I've had more issues (replaced 2) with my wire type than the cable type on this one. We run them down almost all the time even when not needed and it cools it very well. The wire type have more downforce but these do more than enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0537.PNG
    IMG_0537.PNG
    570.9 KB · Views: 153
I drilled here. Works great. Same set of scratchers since 2014 and no issues. I let the sled sit with the scratchers down when it's not riding. You hear lots of people complain about the cable type but I've had more issues (replaced 2) with my wire type than the cable type on this one. We run them down almost all the time even when not needed and it cools it very well. The wire type have more downforce but these do more than enough.
Awesome thanks for the reply that's exactly where I drilled

Back