• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Calling all TeamFast M20 Airwave Owners

rcp1018

Pro
I'm seriously thinking of getting an M20 suspension this summer for my 2013 Apex. I would like your opinion of the M20 and was it an easy install. Any tricks I need to know?
Thanks

I'm seriously thinking of getting an M20 suspension this summer for my 2013 Apex. I would like your opinion of the M20 and was it an easy install. Any tricks I need to know?
Thanks

I have one in my Supercharger.. I think it drives like a couch. Northernsledder has a thread on his install.

Thanks

If you're a trail rider that likes to ride high mile days in comfort, the M20 is for you! It's hard to explain, but this skid literally floats over the stutters.

The only major drawbacks are the price and you'll lose some of the wheelie-like weight transfer that you're use to. However, trading-off some weight transfer is well worth the gain in ride quality IMO.

Are you riding an XTX or 128"? Keep in mind that a M20 is only offered in 136" max length (I think would work for a 137").

I have a like new 121" M20 that I might consider selling, Not sure if I am going to install it in my 2014 Nytro yet or not
m20 001.JPG

Thanks
I put one in my 2012 Vector LTX last year, just love it!

I recomend it plus i say you should consider the assault ski shocks for under 700. The ski shocks are nearly 50 percent of the ride quality,and oem yams are awful. I have the m20 since 2008 , about 4k miles and put 3 bearings and 1 set of slides,thats it. I just instaled the front shocks 2 weeks ago and i really regret not installing them in 2008. It makes the ride waaaay better than anything oem i swap with on the trail. Whole package will really impress you beyond expectations. Ps. I weight 320 with gear and run 92 lbs in rear bag, 25 lbs mid shock, 35 lbs front shocks. This is done with the team fast hand air pump in a 60 degree warm garage before every weekend ride. Very durable system. Flawless for me. Hope that helps.

I recomend it plus i say you should consider the assault ski shocks for under 700. The ski shocks are nearly 50 percent of the ride quality,and oem yams are awful. I have the m20 since 2008 , about 4k miles and put 3 bearings and 1 set of slides,thats it. I just instaled the front shocks 2 weeks ago and i really regret not installing them in 2008. It makes the ride waaaay better than anything oem i swap with on the trail. Whole package will really impress you beyond expectations. Ps. I weight 320 with gear and run 92 lbs in rear bag, 25 lbs mid shock, 35 lbs front shocks. This is done with the team fast hand air pump in a 60 degree warm garage before every weekend ride. Very durable system. Flawless for me. Hope that helps.

If you ever upgrade to an on board compressor, you can buy them online for $65. You can also make all your own plumbing, wiring, etc...cheap!

I've clocked 5000 miles and 3 seasons on my M20. My hyfax are still original, but it's time to send the shocks in for a re-build.

Last edited:
Question:
When setting the air pressure in both M20 air shocks should the rear of the sled be up in the air or sitting on the ground?
Also, can I get some ideas on air pressure settings. I have a 2013 Apex 128" and I weight about 225lb dressed.
When saddlebags are packed for Canada weight goes up to 255 - 260lbs.

Thanks

Question:
When setting the air pressure in both M20 air shocks should the rear of the sled be up in the air or sitting on the ground?
Also, can I get some ideas on air pressure settings. I have a 2013 Apex 128" and I weight about 225lb dressed.
When saddlebags are packed for Canada weight goes up to 255 - 260lbs.

Thanks
I have always adjusted when it is on the ground. Northernsledder, our M20 guru has his so he can adjust while flying down the trail. Also if you have the assault ski shocks from Fast you can do them on the ground as well. I checked this with Brian at Fast when a friend with Fox ski shocks had to tip his on the side to adjust the air. For me, about 180 stark nekked, I use between 65 to 75 lbs in the skid shock, it seems that the higher number is necessary after the tunnel packs up with snow, a common occurrence on my 2012 Vector LTX. The ski shocks maybe 40 to 45 lbs. You can start around there and adjust for weight or conditions. Have fun, I think you will like it.

I installed one on my 06 Apex GT converted to 136 and just went for my very first ride before that I set my sag and was cruising down the trail at 49 pounds in the rear about two minutes in the skid is flat on the ground no air leaks no nothing brought it into the shop went to lift up the back end and it boinged back into place what am I doing wrong

I installed one on my 06 Apex GT converted to 136 and just went for my very first ride before that I set my sag and was cruising down the trail at 49 pounds in the rear about two minutes in the skid is flat on the ground no air leaks no nothing brought it into the shop went to lift up the back end and it boinged back into place what am I doing wrong
Not sure I have the answer but unless you are extremely light I doubt that 49 lbs will do it. I also find with my Vector that what seems great in the shop or when I start a ride can quickly prove you wrong as the skid picks up a bunch of snow and I have to add air. You might want to try bumping it up to about 65 then try again.

You called it. Starting at 85psi and workin my way down. Thankyou,!!!
My pleasure. I noticed something else on the weekend. In addition to the Vector I also have a Viper and last year took 2 trips with each of them and had very similar mileage for the year with the Viper getting just a few hundred km more. The Viper slides seem to wear more at the curve of the rail. The M20 seems even the whole length. I just love that skid.

Back