• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cant get 08 apex mtx off of revlimiter

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
08 yamaha apex mtx
I cant stay off revlimiter clutching is all stock secondary was set to 6 and 1 tried 6 and 3 also and still as soon as i go to wide open throttle its right to rev limiter that is on groomed trail and in 2 feet + of powder 162 2.5 paddel track any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Is the tip of the clutch fly weight empty? or does it have a 13.3 with a holes in it. Inner should be empty. Will it bang the limiter once it hooks on hard pack?

Ya it hooks up and still limitter if i let off a little bit it will come off limiter and keep pulling

What colour spring is stock for primary and secondary this is my first 4 stroke i just bought a few weeks ago guy i bought it from had since new and sad it was stock but just curious

Most of my riding is going to be on trail to

and what should i have my helix set to its at 6 and 3 now

And my primary spring is black now and secondary is black with a blue or grey paint mark on it in the middle

And when you say 13.3 on tips is that the 13.3mm 3.1 grahm rivits in outer holes and if so do i leave them in plus put the 4.5 gram im middle

If you dont have the experience to make the changed maybe it would be best to have someone else make the change for you. The middle hold is filled with a peened over rivet that needs to be drilled out partially and then pounded out with a punch. A new 4.5 G rivet added to that hole and then peened into place. The weights will have to be removed to do this.

Last edited:
You need to tell us what weights, rivits, springs, helix, and your elevation before we can give you much help.

Back