• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CAT says NO STUDS

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Just got word that Cat is saying not to stud at all. This is for 9000 sleds? Thinking this is abou tthe center 3.5 inches of louvers? o_O Well I have a 192 1.325 in mine?
Dont kill the messenger just reporting. And this could have been misread by who told me? So we will see where this goes. THIS could effect winders for sure

Last edited:

Just got word that Cat is saying not to stud at all. This is for 9000 sleds? Thinking this is abou tthe center 3.5 inches of louvers? o_O Well I have a 192 1.325 in mine?
Dont kill the messenger just reporting. And this could have been misread by who told me? So we will see where this goes. THIS could effect winders for sure
That's not good to hear

IF true I bet it's clutch and belt related. Back when Cats blew belts constantly it was those with studs who had most issues. Let's hope that's all it is and Yamaha clutching proves superior again in that aspect.

I sure hope this s not true? I will demand a full refund for sled! You sell the sled and tunnel protecters for said sled then tell me I can't stud it? I already did stud it!

Subscribed......

Have 144 waiting to install. Wanted to try it without studs for the first ride.

Kinda like that first date....... Hahaha. I'm holding back! Easy, Easy.....

Subscribed......

Have 144 waiting to install. Wanted to try it without studs for the first ride.

Kinda like that first date....... Hahaha. I'm holding back! Easy, Easy.....
joe,if your holding back your not riding it hard enough . no studs you''ll be in the bushes .

joe,if your holding back your not riding it hard enough . no studs you''ll be in the bushes .

Hahaha!!! Ken, I ain't going in no ******* bushes!!!!

If it does, I'm leaving it and calling the insurance company.

Last edited:
Hahaha!!! Ken, I ain't going in no ******* bushes!!!!

If it does, I'm leaving it and calling the insurance company.
you''ll see when the back starts chasing the front .bushes here you come .:(

You know Karma bites you every time. I wouldnt be talking about that but yes this sled would be scary if on ice and not studded for sure. It is smooth though. Only goes as fast as throttle moves!

It's not the bushes I'm afraid of. The pine trees don't move, even a little.

Seriously, I wanted to ride the sled as the factory put it out. but have everything ready when I come back.

I was surprised by the topic, honestly don't know what to make of it?

Lmao x 5000 this is December 1st not April 1st ! :letsnow:

I wonder what the reason is? I put 1.450 triggers in my rtx-le, I am studied in the center too. I checked for clearance and there is no way that I can see them hitting anywhere. Tons of room even to those vents on the top of the tunnel. They have been studding the procross chassis for years with no issues. I guess time will tell. I think that building or buying a 200+ hp sled and not being able to stud it is absolutley crazy.

BS,i just talked to my buddy that's the biggests cat dealer in nys he said ride it till trump shows his taxes .
Not trying to BS you guys. I ALSO stated in my post that it may be something that was mis spoke to me how it was said and explained . But I bet something is coming about studding CATS. Possibly about the ICE ripper tracks even

Back