• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat skis on Sidewinder

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Anyone try running Cat skis on their Winder. I know they are not the most aggressive BUT I have had pretty good luck with them over the years on the procross chassis with 6" or 8" Slim Jims. And for sure some guys on the Vipers were running them. Thanks for any info

I wanted lighter/easier steering and I had lots of darting with the tuners along with push in corners.

I have loosest limiter strap setting, loosened front ski shock spring pressure and cranked a #*$&@ load of front track shock preload and rear Torsion springs on softest setting. it made it better but not anywhere near my wife's 2016 ZR 7000.

I Installed wife's 2016 ZR 7000 skis on my winder. I started with Arctic Cat OEM 4 inch offset duallies . Wow Completely different sled. I Had to add front ski shock pressure and reduce front track shock preload. No darting, easy turning. Cornering ok unless u ride really aggressively.

I changed to 4.5" shaper dually runners #D2264-45 . Corners much much better. No darting. I'm really happy with this set up for me. I may try standard shaper bar in 4.5". I'd like to see if darting is still acceptable with standard shapers I have no studs on my LTX-LE and I weigh 265lbs by the way

If your looking for better floatation from front end of this heavy sled you may want to consider skidoo 6.9 pilots.

Just my .02

Thanks.. I did well with Cat skis on my 2015 ZR 7000 129"
not a super aggressive rider but that sled railed plenty good for me..

I'm running them and like them. Ran the Cat offset carbides till I flattened out the carbide. Just ordered a set of slim jims.

IMG_6054.JPG
If your happy with cat ski and offset runners you can buy complete set of pro cross skis from cat # 6639-206 black skis

It comes with skis, loops and offset carbides. I don't know if you'll need (4) 2603-746 inserts. It's number 7 on parts diagram.

View attachment 125769 If your happy with cat ski and offset runners you can buy complete set of pro cross skis from cat # 6639-206 black skis

It comes with skis, loops and offset carbides. I don't know if you'll need (4) 2603-746 inserts. It's number 7 on parts diagram.
There's also many take off sets for sale. If you do order new, be sure to get the rubber pads as well. The ones for the tuner ski are different.

There's also many take off sets for sale. If you do order new, be sure to get the rubber pads as well. The ones for the tuner ski are different.
Gotcha. I actually have another cat in the stable(girlfriend sled).. So I actually found a really cheap set that I will try or otherwise she wants them.. They are the white ones off the 2013 Tucker Hibbert edition sled..

Anyone try running Cat skis on their Winder. I know they are not the most aggressive BUT I have had pretty good luck with them over the years on the procross chassis with 6" or 8" Slim Jims. And for sure some guys on the Vipers were running them. Thanks for any info

I'm running the stock cat (Viper) skis with stock 4 carbide right now.....not joking. They work really good as I wasn't throwing those tuner skis on there....

Haven't had time to order carbide for my other skis....LMAO!

I changed out to cat skiis with bergstrom triple points, much better than the tuners.

thats my setup...16 cat ski's with bergstrom trips and ski savers....decent float and pretty much goes where I point her...

remember ...the tuners being a dual runner to check toe out...single runner skis should have 1/4" - 3/8"

thats my setup...16 cat ski's with bergstrom trips and ski savers....decent float and pretty much goes where I point her...

remember ...the tuners being a dual runner to check toe out...single runner skis should have 1/4" - 3/8"
What should tuners have for toe out?

Back