• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Center shock question

raginyamaha

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 xtx
Got a 2008 NYTRO RTX. I turned my rebound adjuster in on my center shock and went to back it out and it has no clicks anymore. Is the valve in the shock just stuck or is it broken. The adjuster was kindve siezed so i mightve turned it a little hard at the stop. Any advise? Ride and see if it will unstick, rebuild shock to see if its broke. Im not interested in buyin a 600 dollar shock.

Well i have the spring off the shock and if I work the shock by hand the adjuster inside the shock will come out and i have clicks again going in but it stays stuck in when i move it in at all. is this how they work meaning the shock needs to be actuated before it moves out or is it supposed to be spring loaded or able to come out itself. Being the first time ive tried to adjust it i dont know how its supposed to work.

I'm betting your shocks need serviced. The sleeve that the needle is in gets bunged up with crap and crud. If you have your shock out you can try working some penetrating oil into the adjuster and you may free it up. These shocks are definitely not maintenance free! I have the same sled as you and this happened three seasons ago to mine. Good luck.

Back