• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Centre to centre measurement

CooperT

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 LTX DX
2016 RTX SE
hey guys, I'm wondering if somebody could get me a centre to center measurement from the drive shaft hole to the first skid mounting hole on your venture lite or multipurpose...I think they would both be the same but not sure. I have a build thread going on the 2stroke side and I got the skid installed with the track tensioners tightened all the way and still have lots of slack in the track.

So it's either a 141" skid (which I don't think it is) or the whole skid has to be mounted further back in the tunnel. Also, the rear of the skid is off the ground...not sure why. I'm wondering if maybe you venture guys could help me out with mounting of the skid and some measurements!

I'm just thinking that maybe the centre to centre measurement is too close together from the drive shaft to the first mounting hole on the skid.. Thanks guys!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Unfortunately, my sled is in storage but I can tell you that it's a 144" skid so more than likely, you'll have to move it back unless you put in a shorter track. Or maybe your drive sprockets are smaller?

Hey thanks for the reply mooseman!

I had a feeling it was a 144". That's what the seller said anyways. The drive sprockets are 8 tooth drivers. I think your right on moving the skid back.

As for why it doesn't sit level, I think I need longer drop brackets...

Found a center to center measurement. 11" right on! Currently on my 540 it's only 8" so I think that's the problem right there...

Back