• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case adjustment

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
After adjusting chain case for first time,wow what a pain in the a** to get the spring back on. I'm thinking I would like to install an aftermarket muffler next time I pull this apart, but I would be looking for the quietest or closest to stock muffler. With the d&d, Straightline/ulmers, or slp would I be able to still adjust chain without removing? On another note, I have never seen so many rough edges or burrs on everything, I cut myself 3 times doing this

I have a D&D and can adjust. A little louder at idle, other than that it is pretty quiet

As for the spring, take a piece of #9 wire, or about 1/8"x 12" to 15". Bend a small hook in one end and a handle in the other , leave the spring hanging from it's bottom hole. then when muffler is in place reach in with your new tool, hook the other end and hook it up. A piece of cake.
To keep from damaging the gasket is the hand part.

pulling the muffler would even be ok if i had better access to the spring.thats the hardest part

i ended putting a zip tie to hold spring up while i installed muffler and then attached it. first time, just took a little redneck inginuity. think i spelled that wrong

pulling the muffler would even be ok if i had better access to the spring.thats the hardest part
This is what I use. It's a spring tool for headlights.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 58
i ended putting a zip tie to hold spring up while i installed muffler and then attached it. first time, just took a little redneck inginuity. think i spelled that wrong

X2 Just barely attach the two ends of a zip tie to make a loop and you got yourself a handle to pull the spring up and into place. Cheap and easy!

Back