• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase drain plug

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
Has anyone considered welding a bung on the back side of the chain to put a drain plug on the chaincase? I'm going to look into this and was wandering if anyone already did. If it works out I'm thinking I could have guys send me their case to have the drain plug installed. I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing for a simple drain plug!

Has anyone considered welding a bung on the back side of the chain to put a drain plug on the chaincase? I'm going to look into this and was wandering if anyone already did. If it works out I'm thinking I could have guys send me their case to have the drain plug installed. I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing for a simple drain plug!

This would be the cats #*$&@ to be able to retro a plug into as an after market part. You could drill it out and have a drains with seals on both sides that could be lock in with shallow lock nuts but have the center removable.

just thinking out loud but wondering if there is enough material in the chain case to just use a self tapping auto drain plug instead of the bong or a drain plug from any other Yamaha sled and just tap the hole

I like the way you guys are thinking come up with something that works please.

The oil tank resi is def mg as it is cast into the piece. I actually think the case components are aluminum.

Anyone have any damaged inner chain case sections laying around?

just thinking out loud but wondering if there is enough material in the chain case to just use a self tapping auto drain plug instead of the bong or a drain plug from any other Yamaha sled and just tap the hole
I was thinking of just tapping the case with 1/8 inch pipe thread plug...........

Couple other things : There use to be an oil pan drain plug repair that was a rubber thing that you stretched with a rod, pushed it though the hole and when you removed rod it swelled on both sides the hole. I know, a poor explanation.
Also a tubeless tire valve stem except would be a small drain hole.

Is a large nutsert made?

Back