• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

chaincase leak

Rodney

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 rtx se
my sled with 1400ks on it with no chain case leak, in the same spot all summer.i spun the track by hand last week ,and now I have a chain case leak WTF..

Is it leaking out the back on the seal? This seems strange for sure.

Check the vent at the top of the chaincase to make sure its not plugged.
Its located inside the tunnel at the top of the chaincase.
Try to stick a small flexible wire through it to make sure it is venting.

I know there's a lot of people with 2016 that leak from the cover. It was an issue this time last year. Doesn't really make sense that you got 1400 Kms of no leak though

Check the vent at the top of the chaincase to make sure its not plugged.
Its located inside the tunnel at the top of the chaincase.
Try to stick a small flexible wire through it to make sure it is venting.
Don't stick anything in the vent. There is a checkball with a spring in there. A shot of brake clean and a hose that you can suck and blow into is the way to go. I think many cases leak a little almost just sweating oil. The oil clings and then eventually drips. That's when you see the leak. I would clean the vent and case then see if it's doing it again.

Tha
Don't stick anything in the vent. There is a checkball with a spring in there. A shot of brake clean and a hose that you can suck and blow into is the way to go. I think many cases leak a little almost just sweating oil. The oil clings and then eventually drips. That's when you see the leak. I would clean the vent and case then see if it's doing it again.
Thanks Cannondale I will try that..

Oops thats right. Forgot about the checkball in there. Thanks for clarifying that for him.

mine leaked - had to remove cover - cleaned it and ran a file like a straight around case - put silicone on seal - no leaks.

My Viper I had is leaking oil again. Went back to the dealer for warranty. They said they had to replace both sides and have $ 700 in parts. They said it's covered in warranty but my nephew has to pay labor.. Isnt warranty suppose to cover everything???? Checked a little further into it. The YES card says 48 months expiration say 2018. I year warranty plus 4 more. All straightened out. They thought it expired in Dec 2017. No harm no fall.

Last edited:

Back