• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing front clutch side driveshaft bearing?

I like to remove the seal and flush out the old grease. Main reason is I found water in the grease one time so I like to know what is in there and that I start over with fresh grease.

I like to remove the seal and flush out the old grease. Main reason is I found water in the grease one time so I like to know what is in there and that I start over with fresh grease.

I do that as well at the end of the season. The bearing I pulled out felt just fine. A new one is going in anyway. I hope what I was feeling was just me being paranoid.

Best trick for removing bearing and reinstalling is to thread a 8mm bolt that's about 5" long into the end where your gear bolts on, it allows you to pull on it to center the shaft to the hole to make removing and especially installing the bearing so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best trick for removing bearing and reinstalling is to thread a 8mm bolt that's about 5" long into the end where your gear bolts on, it allows you to pull on it to center the shaft to the hole to make removing and especially installing the bearing so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense, certainly on an install. Thanks for the tip! I have a new bearing which I'm going to grease before I put it in.

Makes sense, certainly on an install. Thanks for the tip! I have a new bearing which I'm going to grease before I put it in.

Also if the problem is still there look at the clogs on your drive belt, there might be some clogs missing, that will also give you some vibration on your left foot well.

Also if the problem is still there look at the clogs on your drive belt, there might be some clogs missing, that will also give you some vibration on your left foot well.

Excellent suggestion....thanks! Belt is original at 3600 miles.

And needle grease it during the riding season when you get bored...lol....too much grease can't hurt...just makes a mess if you don't wipe it up after a while when some works out. I'd rather have grease coming out than water going in...

Back