• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Charge tube wear

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Just something else to check or watch. I noticed this today on my Alpha tubes. The plastic edges where tubes go through have sharp edges that wore into my tubes slightly. Maybe not enough to cause leak BUT maybe over time. Simple fix is dremel with grind stone to remove sharp edge on plastic. Or whatever takes sharp plastic edge offf.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 143

I'll look for that. I have a different concern, the charge tube coming off the turbo has changed color (darker) pretty dramatically. I'll try to get a pic late this week when I'm back in town, I guess it's from the heat . . . but I thought these high grade silicone hoses were impervious to the kind of heat we make.

Always a good idea cannon. Seems the stock hoses are popping off more so vs getting brittle or cut

Just something else to check or watch. I noticed this today on my Alpha tubes. The plastic edges where tubes go through have sharp edges that wore into my tubes slightly. Maybe not enough to cause leak BUT maybe over time. Simple fix is dremel with grind stone to remove sharp edge on plastic. Or whatever takes sharp plastic edge offf.

That doesn't look good!

It looks a little worse then it really is.. BUT this is after 1500 miles so after 3-4 K what do they look like??? Mine had sharp edges, grind them down smooth.. Something to do in off season.. Somewhat minor but could lead to major issue

Probably that door edge trim from a parts store would work nicely. I think some of the edging has glue in it.

Check it out......

Back