• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cheap Rollover Check Valve

Doesn't the valve need to be mounted vertical? With the standard oil tank the valve would be mounted horizontal.

Psycho Dave said:
Doesn't the valve need to be mounted vertical? With the standard oil tank the valve would be mounted horizontal.

I was thinking that as well. I think it would probably work best at about a 45 degree angle so when the sled was laying on the left side it would guarantee the check ball would be closed. If the valve was set perfectly vertical when laying on the left side there could be a chance that oil could get past it. If you put the in the hose up towards the frame it could be mounted in the 45 degree position.

Thanks Mooseman for the link!

I got it from Royal Distributing, their part number is 01-113, page 101 of the winter catalog.

My son just told me that he did have a problem with it where it filled with water and froze while it was parked overnight with the cap off. He was able to push it in but then stayed stuck running even if the cap was pulled. Maybe find a bottle cap or something to cover it while parked or put some silicone grease.

For the valve, I think that having the oil push on the ball would either stop the flow of oil or at least slow it down enough to not lose too much. Better than nothing.

Psycho Dave said:

Yes, it needs to be mounted with ball facing up. My hose already runs up, if yours does not reposition?

Mooseman said:
I got it from Royal Distributing, their part number is 01-113, page 101 of the winter catalog.

My son just told me that he did have a problem with it where it filled with water and froze while it was parked overnight with the cap off. He was able to push it in but then stayed stuck running even if the cap was pulled. Maybe find a bottle cap or something to cover it while parked or put some silicone grease.

For the valve, I think that having the oil push on the ball would either stop the flow of oil or at least slow it down enough to not lose too much. Better than nothing.

Not sure I understand, did you mount it with the ball end open to air? Or was it mounted with hose on both ends?

stingray719 said:
Mooseman said:

Not sure I understand, did you mount it with the ball end open to air? Or was it mounted with hose on both ends?

He was talking about the kill switch he installed. I don't think he has installed the PCV yet.

The PCV check valve needs to be mounted with the threaded end down.

Ruggybuggy said:
stingray719 said:
Mooseman said:

He was talking about the kill switch he installed. I don't think he has installed the PCV yet.

The PCV check valve needs to be mounted with the threaded end down.

Ohhh....tether...got it. I mount mine facing slightly down for that reason

It might be possible to mount the valve where the hose enters the air box. This picture is from my Venture Multi Purpose and there seems to be enough with space to mount the valve almost vertical directly below the air box.

Now I just need to find a similar valve here in Europe.

Attachments

• 20140102_203210.jpg
    20140102_203210.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 89
For those looking for a tether switch that mount next to the ignition switch rather than use a handle bar mounted switch I found this. Ebay

Psycho Dave, I don't think you want to mount it perfectly vertical. A valve lean to the left would be better to ensure the PCV closes completely. With the valve perfectly vertical when the sled is on it's side the valve would sit horizontal which may allow some oil out. Lets say the sled didn't go completely over but the oil tank was still higher than the air box breather hose inlet. The valve could still let the oil get by. If you look at Stingrays posted picture his valve is leaning to the left and close to the tank. It works in that position and easier to install.

PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER THIS MODIFICATION. I INSTALLED THE VALVE THE CORRECT WAY AND THE SLED WAS IDLING FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES WHILE I PUT MY GEAR ON. THE VALVE MUST HAVE FROZE IN A CLOSED POSITION AND CRANKCASE PRESSURE BLEW THE LOWER OIL HOSE OF AND I HAD AN ENGINE FAILURE.

Ruggybuggy said:
PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER THIS MODIFICATION. I INSTALLED THE VALVE THE CORRECT WAY AND THE SLED WAS IDLING FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES WHILE I PUT MY GEAR ON. THE VALVE MUST HAVE FROZE IN A CLOSED POSITION AND CRANKCASE PRESSURE BLEW THE LOWER OIL HOSE OF AND I HAD AN ENGINE FAILURE.

really, blew your motor!?!?! That really sucks!!! Sorry, it seemed like a good fix to a problem..i think Ulmer racing has a phazer motor on his website..

Back