• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cheap trailer bench seats

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
I have came up with a design for a fold down bench for an enclosed snowmobile trailer. Depending on how much you find the parts for they cost around 25-80 to build and work very well. I will post a video later today on how the work but here are a couple pictures. There is one snowmobile part used anyone recognize it?�

IMG_4280_zpskrhkgwew.jpg

So so basically I use 1.5" angle iron to use for the mounting attachment on the wall, the ctc is perfect for the studs. Then use 1" light wall square tube to for the front leg. To keep it from slipping out when down I drilled holes through the floor and screwed big fender washers, then welded 1/4" bolts that stick through the bottom leg and go into those holes. To keep it in the storage position just use more angle iron and a tarp strap to hold it in place. The top of the snowmobile part is covered with 5/8 plywood, then wrapped with cheap indoor/outdoor carpet and carriage bolted into place. Easy to build and works great. Reason I built these I didn't like the price of anything on the market. I will post all the dimensions on the front leg and pictures of how to weld up later. Just helping out fellow sledders. Oh yeah and if you haven't guessed what part it is it comes in various lengths ...skidoo xm rear bumper. Cheers
IMG_4835_zpswnhxhsgt.jpg

IMG_4834_zpseffcockx.jpg

IMG_4833_zpsexbmvw46.jpg

Last edited:

So I mount the 1.5" x3" angle iron mounting brackets 17" from floor to centre for bench height, the front leg is 1" light wall square tube(0.65 I believe). I cut 3 pieces 16.5" and weld together so my outside diameter is 16.5". Then drill a couple 1/4" holes through the bottom and weld 1/4" bolts with a stub sticking out to go into floor. Then where it mounts to the bumper I grind the corner so it's rounded and doesn't catch when folding....I use the mounting riv nuts in the xm bumper to mount to the wall and to the leg. Then trace the bumper onto a 5/8" plywood and cut it out...leave it a bit short from the wall. Then staple indoor outdoor carpet to the board and mount to the bumper with carriage bolts. As for keeping it in place I mount 1.5"x3" angle iron on each side ...take the hooks out of a tarp strap and bolt one side and the other have a long bolt to slip it over. Pretty much it. Big fender washers screwed to the floor.

IMG_4838_zpsaa7w4g7x.jpg

IMG_4839_zpshakbnrml.jpg

IMG_4842_zpskqjdokze.jpg

Nothing better then poking fun to the doo guys about their bumpers are useless bumpers but make great seats. :Rockon:

Having a seat in the trailer is huge. Nice job.

Now you will need a coat rack with a series of hooks to hang your stuff on.

MS

Ya - you got it covered. Nice rig.
Makes the trips so much more convenient when everything is set up properly.

MS

Back