• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check this out....

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Are these tabs supposed to be flopping around?

IMG_20161212_122732422_crop_496x323.jpg

Well push out really
you will end up with a gap between the windshield and headlight

I found it easier with the panels off
on the exhaust side you can actually get your hand up where it clips in

Noticed that on mine when I picked it up also. I haven't messed w/it yet. There are little tabs it hooks over under the hood.

Are these tabs supposed to be flopping around?

View attachment 123837

I need to get real familiar with these, when I tried to close the clam shell lid on my enclosed trailer the windshield hit the top. Had to take off the windshield to get it closed. These sleds are tall. I do have the DX version which has a functional windshield. Is it best to take off the side panels to get the windshield off and on, going to be doing it frequently. Only 6 screws but does have these tabs.

Noticed that on mine when I picked it up also. I haven't messed w/it yet. There are little tabs it hooks over under the hood.

Yes, tabs attach to blue on hood. I took the four bolts t27's to loosen things up a bit.

I need to get real familiar with these, when I tried to close the clam shell lid on my enclosed trailer the windshield hit the top. Had to take off the windshield to get it closed. These sleds are tall. I do have the DX version which has a functional windshield. Is it best to take off the side panels to get the windshield off and on, going to be doing it frequently. Only 6 screws but does have these tabs.

Are they part of windshield????? Idk.....

Yes they are on the windshield itself. Going to be a pain taking in on and off all the time for me. Not buying a new trailer yet.

Better to give no advice, then to give bad......lol idk what to say.

I assume you have two sleds? Cause I have a clamshell as well. Was going to stick it it there in an angle then throw one in the back of pick up.

Joe

Better to give no advice, then to give bad......lol idk what to say.

I assume you have two sleds? Cause I have a clamshell as well. Was going to stick it it there in an angle then throw one in the back of pick up.

Joe
Yes 2 sleds, so you are saying you would have the same issue? Won't close without hitting the top of the windshield? I got the 137 so I need to get it far enough forward to close the lid, if it was shorter the windshield would be farther back and I bet it would close.

Yes 2 sleds, so you are saying you would have the same issue? Won't close without hitting the top of the windshield? I got the 137 so I need to get it far enough forward to close the lid, if it was shorter the windshield would be farther back and I bet it would close.

No, I didn't try. My 120" sleds fit with 1" to spare. In order for my 137" to fit. I'd have to jam the skis into the lid, remove windshield and probably take off the snow flap. I can't.
Solo excursions, I will throw it in the back of my pick up.
IMG_20161204_132908260-640x380.jpg

Clamshell has been for sale for the last 10days. Going to buy a 7' x 14' inline. It will serve its purpose. I'll find others uses, like a bike hauler, etc.

No, I didn't try. My 120" sleds fit with 1" to spare. In order for my 137" to fit. I'd have to jam the skis into the lid, remove windshield and probably take off the snow flap. I can't.
Solo excursions, I will throw it in the back of my pick up. View attachment 123857
Clamshell has been for sale for the last 10days. Going to buy a 7' x 14' inline. It will serve its purpose. I'll find others uses, like a bike hauler, etc.

I don't trailer routinely , I have a cabin in the northern part of the state, WI, so I use the trailer mainly as a garage. A inline would work great, probably in the future.

Back