• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch guys, take a peek?

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
So, I was able to make a couple speed runs, in less than favorable conditions. speedo indicated 120. Definitely could have pulled more. No biggie. Snapped a pic of primary. What is it trying to tell me? Any comments would be appreciated!

IMG_20170215_082700699-640x380.jpg

I would say that its all good. However, I would clean your primary... Clean both clutches and belt with scotch brite and acetone. It also looks like your slepping up top a bit. Its hard to tell, hoever, you are close to the top. I would say on a hard lake or road, you would be right at the top of the primary.

Thanks, sledfreak! Will get it all cleaned up. Hoping for one more good ride this year........

shows you are what, a 1/4" from the top...so you seem to be shifting out all the way...

shows you are what, a 1/4" from the top...so you seem to be shifting out all the way...

I will have to measure and get back to you Steve? Looking at the pic, maybe closer to 3/8ths. I will verify. Just didn't want to clean things b4 you guys got a look at it. I will look at both springs as well.

Right on guys. I really appreciate the input. I'm on here learning more & more each time. Going to get things cleaned up and ready to party....

Thank you so much........ Joe

Right on guys. I really appreciate the input. I'm on here learning more & more each time. Going to get things cleaned up and ready to party....

Thank you so much........ Joe

looks good.

How many miles? All stock clutching?

A/C rollers in secondary is all......No flat spots on factory rollers, but thought, what the hell.

650miles

Last edited:
A/C bushings in secondary is all......No flat spots on factory bushings, but thought, what the hell.

650miles

Right on.

How are your rpms up top say around 105 mph on loose snow? mine drop off quite a bit on loose snow! Not as bad on hard pack

Is your helix shimmed? My primary was showing slight rubber near top of primary sheaves, shimmed helix and no more rubber.

Back