• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch rebuild

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
Thinking about rebuilding my primary clutch and was shocked at the prices for rollers or roller bushings. I sized some bronze bushings of the same size for about $3.50 each. Would the bronze take the pressure that these rollers endure? Would they crack? I know they last forever in suspensions.

Thinking about rebuilding my primary clutch and was shocked at the prices for rollers or roller bushings. I sized some bronze bushings of the same size for about $3.50 each. Would the bronze take the pressure that these rollers endure? Would they crack? I know they last forever in suspensions.

In suspensions those bushings are encapsulated, in a clutch, outside of the outer cover or the moveable sheave I doubt they would work.

Hardness of stock rollers and the bronze rollers you are thinking of using are night and day different. Bronze rollers wouldn't last a 100 miles of normal riding.

Not looking to replace the roller in bronze, only the bushing

Back