• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching for no2

nytrozula

Expert
I bought a Holtman kit over the summer. As far as clutching, should I simply clutch the sled to around 8900 and expect the rpms to hit 9200 with no2? I also added a Hinxle exhaust with kn filters a d pcv if that matters. Don't expect to use much but on an occasional rip down lake so I want sled cluthced for trail still. Currently have a Schmidt brothers kit

simple enough then...I installed a small shot(15hp/nozzle) so not expecting huge gains but curious what you thought of the added performance. is it equal to at least a few sled lengths in a 1/4 mile? 5 mph top end?

nytrozula said:
simple enough then...I installed a small shot(15hp/nozzle) so not expecting huge gains but curious what you thought of the added performance. is it equal to at least a few sled lengths in a 1/4 mile? 5 mph top end?

50shot will slowly drive away. I think a 15 hp shot will just nudge ahead. Just guessing.

You sure it's not a 15 GRAM/SEC nozzle??? That's approx 45hp....never heard of a 5 gram/sec nozzle (15hp??).
I believe there to only be 10 and 15 gram nozzles?

I run only one of my two 15 gram/sec nozzles now....that's 45 hp.
Two of the nozzles on the dyno back in 07 or 08 gave me 225+ Hp SAE, WITH A FIX RAM AIR LID ALLOWING THE NITROUS TO SPRAY ALL OVER THE PLACE as I forgot the stock air lid at home!!!! (We even tried to stick duct tape over the mesh of the FIX lid, but it wouldn't stick!) So with that said, I am fully confident the kit makes the claimed power!

45hp shot gives me about 10mph in 1300 feet on ice with a 144 DULL trail studs!

I bought it from a guy that said it was a 45hp shot distributed across 3 nozzles. I have KN filters installed and there is a nozzle attached to each one so I assume each is 15 hp. I am completely new to this so any info would be helpful. Sounds like fun though.

I built the kit to deliver a 45hp increase total when you press the button.
Each k&n filter is plumbed to deliver a equal mix of nos and fuel comparable to approximately a 15hp boost per filter.
Clutch for your other performance mods not the Nos.
Your original target rpm of 8900-8950 is correct.

Kope

Back