• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching question ?

True Blue

Lifetime Member
Most Eastern Point In North America "Newfoundlan
Hello all....

I have a friend with a stock Venture 700 that has a Track upgraded to a 144" length - 1 3/4" Padldle and we are not looking for top end speed just want to have the best bottom end setup for boon docking and powder riding so low gear is most important so we can get out of those tight and twisties without burning up belts. I'm thinking that a 700 Viper mountain or Mountain Max powder edition would be similar? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Primary Spring
Primary Weights
weights and hole location
Secondary Spring
Helix
Twist angle and location holes for Spring

Thanks
TB

Hello all....

I have a friend with a stock Venture 700 that has a Track upgraded to a 144" length - 1 3/4" Padldle and we are not looking for top end speed just want to have the best bottom end setup for boon docking and powder riding so low gear is most important so we can get out of those tight and twisties without burning up belts. I'm thinking that a 700 Viper mountain or Mountain Max powder edition would be similar? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Primary Spring
Primary Weights
weights and hole location
Secondary Spring
Helix
Twist angle and location holes for Spring

Thanks
TB

Not sure if this helps, but here is what I ran in my old Viper 2 stroke with SLP triple pipes, Mr. Viper porting, single layer head gasket and premium fuel.

elevation 3000' to 7500'
primary clutch
8CR weights 3.6 grams in the heel, 3.1 grams in the toe
Yellow/White/Yellow spring
Secondary
47* Helix
Green spring set to 70* twist.
20/38 gearing
Track was a 16" wide 136" 1.75" lug challenger.

While I don't miss the suspension/chassis so much. I do miss that triple piped 2 stroke sound and she use to rip pretty good!

Bill

well my dads 05 sx venture 700 we clutched according to a set-up my brother got from turk a long time ago for his 02 sx viper.

40-10 heel clickers with 2-3 grams in the heel and i cannot remeber the tip.
red heel clicker spring
stock 02 sx viper secondary spring.
stock 05 rx war secondary helix as we could not get the advantage one used in origonal set up.
stock pipe and silencer

made the sled easyer to lift the front end when you snapped the throttle in the powder or coming off of a bank or hill. still hits 100mph with 1-1/4" track when you have the realestate to open her up on the packed trail.

Back