• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

conceal and carry while riding

dennyboy

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 nytro XTX 1998 srx 600
Does anyone on here do it? how do you do it? I only ask because of people i have run into in the past while not riding. i normally carry everywhere i go except when im on the sled. i figure it would be impossible to get it out from under a jacket and bibs. obviously it would be holstered but the thought has crossed my mind to have it in my bag that i ride with but still the bouncing around and trying to get to a back pack that is tight to my body would be just about impossible in a bad situation.

i searched the forum for a while with no luck.

I have a conceal carry permit and have never carried on a Sled. We are usually in a bigger group and I never seem to worry. I have seen a wolf on the trail in northern Wisconsin and we stopped to watch him. I never once felt threatened . There is a big argument on HCS going on right now, you could look over there . They are all about arguing LOL !

Yah thats kind of the way i have allways felt as well. But a recent occurence has made me think more about it. I will check out the argument. Haha

I have had more problems at Boat landings where people seem to think that just because boat is tied up to a pier and their up at there truck drinking Beer that other people have to wait til there done and get there boat out. Boat landings are for putting IN and taking OUT not picnicking.

yah like i said i never would think i would have a problem riding. but i never figured i would have a problem were i work and did recently.

That sucks ! I have mine in my car all the time and yes we kid about someone going postal at work. I just hope I can make it to my car. With the stress everyday life dumps on us the work place can be a prime target. My job is to diffuse all the problems at work so I know how bad it can get.

I have a friend who is FBI he always carries. When on the sled he tucks in his belt at the spine.

I have a friend who is FBI he always carries. When on the sled he tucks in his belt at the spine.
the only problem i see with that is trying to get to it if it was needed. i'm pretty quick out of my in waist band holster but trying to monkey with getting past bibs and a jacket.

Chest holster.........remove the glove, unzip and it's ready.

I have had more problems at Boat landings where people seem to think that just because boat is tied up to a pier and their up at there truck drinking Beer that other people have to wait til there done and get there boat out. Boat landings are for putting IN and taking OUT not picnicking.

Yup, Shagman and I know this to well. The guy from out of state was trying to tell Shagman that he should go back to his hometown and we both yelled at him saying we were only 2 miles from his home! Idiots....

yah like i said i never would think i would have a problem riding. but i never figured i would have a problem were i work and did recently.

My work encourages carry conceal and open carry....mine is right next to me at work

Wondering what you guys do say in Michigan where you are not to carry in places where 50% or more of there income or business from alcohol ....in other words a "BAR" ? How do you secure your weapon ?

I actually had no idea that was a rule there. Bunch of bs if you ask me. Im sure no one will answere that question for obvious reasons. Obviously everyone should play by the rules. Fortunately we dont stop at "BARS" so that wont be a problem for me. Also if i remember right if you have a cpl and open carry it is legal. But im not 100% sure

Last edited:
I carry every ride. Use a shoulder holster. Spare mag one side and pistol on the other.

Easy access by unzipping jacket.

Don't try the tuck in the pants deal. It will fall out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way it's. It not always the idiots I prep against. If we have a break down it is great protection against predators.

I carry every ride. Use a shoulder holster. Spare mag one side and pistol on the other.

I like this idea seems to be most common when riding. I also put a post up on a carry forum and other riders chimed in on the same.
The only question i have is whith your jacket off. Say you go in to a resteraunt for lunch or something have you had any issue. My experience with open carry is limited so it would be new to me. I got use to concealed quickly since i normally iwb.
I was thinking a baggy shirt over the shoulder holster would atill be easy once my jacket is unzipped.

Back