• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Convert single Hand/Tumb warmer (2009) to 2 switches (2013)

Beenba

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX
I know the 2013's came with separate thumb and hand warmer controls....so you can go UP or DOWN rather than the silly "to the top to reset back to the bottom".

I wonder what would be involved with this conversion.....My 09 XTX has a "Blank" cover plate over where the switch would be...

Anyone crazy enough like me to even care to do this? I hate having to push the hand warmer button 7 times just to lower the heat 1 bar.....

From this:
NytroRTXPol-blue3.jpg

To this: (this is a apex but you get the idea)
374-1.jpg

Im just worried its programmed right into the ECU, so its impossible. ;)!

I would love to do it. I hate the single switch, but I have no idea what is involved. Maybe the wiring is there just capped off. . I have bumped it while standing and then I notice my hand or thumb getting cold. I always have them on high most of the winter unless it is a nice day. Usually march.

I think all the hand and thumb warmer stuff is run through the ECU. So aside from getting a newer set of controls, my guess would be a newer ECU too.

I put some more thought into this tonight, and after looking at the 2009 wiring diagram for the nytro, there is only 3 wires going to the switch on the left side.
v2ue.png

So unless the ecu is already programmed and has 2 extra un-used pins...this idea is dead in the water.

Could be just me but I think the controls were put on one switch so you could control both hand and thumb while riding. I have an '08 Vector LTX GT that has dual switches and you cannot adjust the thumb warmer while you are riding unless you do it with left hand.

It takes a few seconds to adjust on the nytro but I find it easier to use than on the vector.

Back