• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CoPiTrail, GAP Innovation announcement 2017-05-04

GAP Innovation

TY Advertiser
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
ZR 9000 RR, Sidewinder
Hi Everyone

First, I would like to introduce our companies and myself. My name is Patrick and we’ve been providing diagnostic solutions for Land Rover vehicles thru our parent company called GAP Diagnostic for a few years now. Our products consist of an electronic module connected on the OBDII port and communicating via Bluetooth to supported mobile devices. Our mobile Apps offer a clean, user-friendly and convenient interface with in depth functionalities.

Being snowmobile and performance enthusiasts, we decided to combine our experience in both automotive and recreational vehicles to see what we could come up with. What started as a fun side project in January 2015 has become CoPiTrail, marketed under GAP Innovation. The CoPiTrail website can be found here: https://copi-trail.com/

For those still with me, let me apologize for the lengthy post! I hope the following will be a welcome addition to the snowmobile world. CoPiTrail is an advanced driving aid, diagnostic and ECU flashing (998cc Turbo only) delivery platform. It is connected on the vehicle electrical harness using the supplied cable with matching OEM connectors. An iPad Mini 4* is installed and acts as an interface. On snowmobiles, the mobile device is installed at the original instrument pack location for optimal visibility. The original instrument pack is relocated and remains visible.

Available in individual and professional versions, CoPiTrail provides the same level of information as the original instrument pack (speed, fuel level, warnings, etc.) plus the following additions:

• Map showing your current position, surrounding trails, roads and more

• The current position of other members of your group**

• If required, the Map automatically disappear leaving additional space for live data at higher speed

• Vehicle live data fields are configurable (speed, RPM etc)
  • Additional live data not provided by the original instrument pack (Boost, MAP sensor, Throttle Body Position etc)

• Optional Datalogger with numeric and graph views available

• Optional AEM O2 wideband
  • Daytime and nighttime colour themes
  • Delivery system for reflashing the engine ECU with a tune from affiliated tuners, Turbo Dynamics and Hurricane Performance / Turbor Performance, or additional CoPiTrail features (998cc Turbo only)
  • Available in English and French
  • And more
*Sold separately

**Cellular connection required. Friends must also have a CoPiTrail.

Supported snowmobiles

The following snowmobiles are already covered.
  • Arctic Cat, ZR, XF, M fitted with the 1100 cc 4 stroke Suzuki engine, 2012 and up
  • Arctic Cat 9000 series including Thundercat 2017 and up
  • Yamaha Sidewinder 2017 and up

More will be added as development progresses.

Proven hardware design

CoPiTrail is based on the IIDTool BT diagnostic tool which has been on the market for more than 5 years. With the help of our beta testers, the hardware and software platforms have been tested thoroughly.
  • Convenient installation package which allows removal of the iPad Mini 4 in seconds
  • Embedded GPS receiver for positioning, accurate speed and performance statistics (time and speed for racing standard distances, 0 to 60 MPH time and more)
  • iPad Waterproof case, heating pad and charger for harsh environment usage
  • Installs in minutes without any permanent modification
  • CoPiTrail module is updatable via USB
More details can be found on the CoPiTrail website and our FAQ:

https://copi-trail.com/

ECU tuning

CoPiTrail is capable of delivering modified engine files for the 998cc Turbo engine. Products from Turbo Dynamics and Hurricane Performance / Turbor Performance are available and sold separately. Additional features made available with CoPiTrail in conjunction with a tune:
  • Anti-lag with configurable parameters (RPM cut off, timing offset, etc)
  • Returning to stock engine map in seconds
  • Proven reflash algorithm

Under development:
  • Boost Control which allows setting the maximum boost target on the fly
  • Rapid knock detection with immediate automatic boost reduction and timing retard
  • Fuel grade selection for optimal performance
  • More will be added as development progresses.

Pre-Order special

All pre-orders made before August 31st benefit from a 15% discount off the regular price on CoPiTrail, CoPiTrail Pro and accessories (except products sold by affiliated tuners). Units will start shipping in autumn 2017.

Additional features and vehicles will be added as development progresses. Of course, we will provide earlier CoPiTrail customers with firmware update free of charge.

We and our beta testers have spent many fun hours testing this product on our sleds and so far the response has surpassed our expectations. In fact, some of you might have already used a similar product called GAP Flasher distributed by affiliated tuners.

Your comments following this post are welcomed! Else, if you have any questions, or would like additional information, please do contact us via our website or by PM.

Best Regards

Last edited:

Thank you for your interest.

Discussions with different associations are now under way for Canada and US. We hope to cover as much as possible before next season.

If you would like a specific region to be covered, please contact us. Contacting your local association might also help us adding maps more quickly.

Last edited:
If you already have an Ipad Mini4 can you buy just the software?

Please note that CoPiTrail is not simply an App for an iPad but a complete system in itself consisting of:

The following are included in the CoPiTrail package:
  • The electronic module (ECU) with GPS receiver
  • Wiring harness
  • Mounting hardware for iPad Mini 4
  • Waterproof iPad Mini 4 case
  • Mounting hardware for original instrument cluster relocation
  • Heating Pad
  • iPad charger
And to answer your question, yes you can use your own iPad Mini 4. In fact, the iPad is not included in the kit. We may offer an iPad in a complete solution if we obtain a licence from Apple.

Edit: added more details

Last edited:
Wow thanks

Sidewinder guys.............aren't you already 'all in' have fun.

An IPad mini4 is rated for 0c or 32F has this set-up been tested in "real life" riding conditions?

An IPad mini4 is rated for 0c or 32F has this set-up been tested in "real life" riding conditions?
That's why it comes with the heating pad. I'd be more concerned with using gloves on the screen. I don't know of any glass type touch screens that work well with gloves or when moisture gets on them. Still looks pretty cool.

this doesn't require an iPad with a data plan correct? Also any videos or more photos of the installed iPad and relocated gauge? Also if it gives all gauge functions is the gauge needed still?

Also I use a Bluetooth speaker system in my helmet. Would this open like an app so that I could also load all my music onto the iPad and play it from there? Or atleast allow me to use home button to exit back to the home screen to open music and then reopen the "dash/gps" screen to ride?

Also I use a Bluetooth speaker system in my helmet. Would this open like an app so that I could also load all my music onto the iPad and play it from there? Or atleast allow me to use home button to exit back to the home screen to open music and then reopen the "dash/gps" screen to ride?

yes the software is an app. I currently use many of the functions through the Turbodynamics products. For sure multiple apps can be run at the same time. What I am not sure is if the bluetooth will send multiple signals simultaneously. I assume it would. I can try as I also have a set of headphones that connect blue tooth.

Back