• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cranksensor?

leepster

Extreme
Has anyone bought one of these crank sensors from the guys on ebay? I so how did you guys install it and check the gap between the sensor and the stator rotor? Thanks.

From what guys do you mean? I bought a OEM one from ebay and all was fine but I have been warned to stay away from RM stator out of Quebec.

I bought one from rm on ebay which he is out of Vermont, the tolerance was so far off it hit the crank on the first revolution and broke. He was a really nice guy and refunded my money in full.

ebay

Got one from RM on ebay also still have it it the box would not work probably had the same problem as ssp the tolerance was probably off also. Just didn't go with it. Got one from Yamaha and it was going again.

Very simple to check.... I just used tape to measure distance of oem one before you take it out. I measured from tip of sensor to stator.. I bought stator and sensor from rm stator in Quebec and the only issue was I had to file or open the bolt holes on sensor a little to get it approx 3/4 of a millimeter closer to stator. Been working fine for approx 600miles.

To give you full story I just installed it normal first time and still no start! So I did it all over installing oem sensor just to measure and noted new one was off by above amount! Tiny bit of filing reinstalled and good to go...

Thanks guys, i am trying the crank sensor from rm, got one for 39 bucks, got it all tore apart, measured and ready for the new part, which was supposed to be here today, but the USPS shitheads didn't get it here in time. Now I have to borrow my neighbors skidoo 500 2up to ride this weekend. DAMN

Just an update for you guys. Got a crank sensor from RM stator. installed it and sled starts and runs great. Crank sensor looked exactly like the on I took out and the gap was right one. I guess we'll see how long it lasts but so far the sled is back up and running again for about 50 bucks asa opposed to 300-400 for a stator.
:sled1:

leepster said:
Just an update for you guys. Got a crank sensor from RM stator. installed it and sled starts and runs great. Crank sensor looked exactly like the on I took out and the gap was right one. I guess we'll see how long it lasts but so far the sled is back up and running again for about 50 bucks asa opposed to 300-400 for a stator.
Good to hear. Thanks for following up :-o

How many miles did you guys have when the pickup coil failed? going to replace mine to be safe ,dont want it to go when im out having fun miles away...

How many miles did you guys have when the pickup coil failed? going to replace mine to be safe ,dont want it to go when im out having fun miles away...[/QUOTE
How many miles did you guys have when the pickup coil failed? going to replace mine to be safe ,dont want it to go when im out having fun miles away...
Around 8500 miles..

Awesome news... great job. Maybe post up the part number. You have any pics?

That's NOT the one I got from them. Had to take the sled in and have the dealer install an OEM (indexed) sensor to get it running right.

I did the RM and put 2500 miles last year no problem. I did have to file out the bracket to get the gap correct though. Mine said to do that in the directions.

Back