• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cruising temps.

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Wondering what everyone is running while slow speed (40-60mpg) cruising?

I'm running 168-174. I wasn't sure if that's typical?

yep same here on glare ice roads sneaks to mid 180's quick

Just want to add one thing.. If its colder out and you stop for lunch give a lift to the rear of your sled, when you leave again after lunch or stopping.. These things MELT A TON of snow in the rear exchanger.. Even after you park them a lot of water drips down onto and through track. Can actually freeze to the ground.. Never seen a sled that drips so much water down through track.. Not a big deal just check it out and don't try to take off with track froze down

Just want to add one thing.. If its colder out and you stop for lunch give a lift to the rear of your sled, when you leave again after lunch or stopping.. These things MELT A TON of snow in the rear exchanger.. Even after you park them a lot of water drips down onto and through track. Can actually freeze to the ground.. Never seen a sled that drips so much water down through track.. Not a big deal just check it out and don't try to take off with track froze down
Your right actually had it happen to me, I thought it was the sliders sticking but it must of been the water freezing the track to the sliders, no biggie, but was weird...

Wondering what everyone is running while slow speed (40-60mpg) cruising?

I'm running 168-174. I wasn't sure if that's typical?
Exactly the same for me.

Can't belive how quickly she cools down after a rise into the 190s once you start riding again after a brief pause.

Your right actually had it happen to me, I thought it was the sliders sticking but it must of been the water freezing the track to the sliders, no biggie, but was weird...
Yes ! Mine did it just slightly.. I know of another that it happened to also.. Needs to be pretty cold though

Couple other things I noticed.....

If idling, when it reaches 210f it will shut off....

If idling, and temps climb....you can blip the throttle and it will delay the fast climb, slowing down the shutoff....

But ultimately riding off into snow will bring it down the fastest and it does drop back to 172f fast....

Couple other things I noticed.....

If idling, when it reaches 210f it will shut off....

If idling, and temps climb....you can blip the throttle and it will delay the fast climb, slowing down the shutoff....

But ultimately riding off into snow will bring it down the fastest and it does drop back to 172f fast....

Yep same here. Blipping the throttle while stopped will definitely keep the temps lower longer. Cruising temps for me have been around 168-175.

Keep an eye open on coolant. Guys are losing a little here & there.

Do these sleds come crated with the antifreeze already in their system or do dealers add coolant while prepping?

I'm only asking because I have read a several posts about coolant issues. My cousin's 141 xtxse was also having some problems so I evacuated as much coolant as I could. Then connected a coolant refill tool which creates a vacuum in the coolant system so that antifreeze can be injected, without any air in the system. He hasn't had issues since.

Back