• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve Skis - to Thrust, or not to Thrust is the question...

75northface

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
- 2017 Sidewinder XTX SE
- 2016 SR Viper LTX DX
- 1997 Mach Z
So I've invested in a new set of Curve XS skis and I'm debating on the application of the Thruster accessories...anyone have them? What's your experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've invested in a new set of Curve XS skis and I'm debating on the application of the Thruster accessories...anyone have them? What's your experience?

I tried the standard carbide as recommended by Curve but they darted like crazy. I had purchased the leading edge but changed direction and went with 6" Slim Jim duallies. Many here use this combo with satisfaction. I originally heard of it from Mr Sled.

Here's some pics of the thrusters and what I'm taking about. Anyone have these installed on their Curves??

03b17dc96f7ae94b59743e7f19039808.png
8955661f188a49100b8fded04f6bb82c.png
f216f2b35bb820898a1863ff3d013d76.png
b7b09dc502e192014f0b13852a06cb49.png

I don't see the point unless you are doing some hardcore boondocking.

I have them and , they work well in the loose snow in the corners in the U.P. installed on the inside edge.

I have them and , they work well in the loose snow in the corners in the U.P. installed on the inside edge.

Thx for the feedback - did you go with the 8" or the larger 17s?

8" going to add them to my other sled as well.

Geez. I'm on the fence with these.

What kind of ridding do you do? You mentioned "the lose stuff" are they that noticeable?

How far do they sit below the ski? Somewhere between the bottom of ski and the runner?

Geez. I'm on the fence with these.

What kind of ridding do you do? You mentioned "the lose stuff" are they that noticeable?

How far do they sit below the ski? Somewhere between the bottom of ski and the runner?

We ride a lot in the U.P. Very sandy snow. Won't help at all on hard pack.

Back