• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve XS...What a difference

mp5

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
Tried my new Curves out last weekend. Trails in Gaspe had a few inches of loose snow, and some areas were harder packed. First 100 miles or so I was darting quite a bit. Added about 1/2 an inch of preload to front shock, and presto...no more darting and very minimal push in corners the next 200 miles. Will take a little preload out for next time. Overall, very impressed w these skis. Tuners hanging in garage.

MP5, Ditto x2 with me. I had to lighten the heavy steering. on day 3 on a sled trip and switching sled I noticed holly crap my curve's take an ape to steer. so I dropped limiter strap to longest setting and added more center spring preload==> problem solved!

How is steering effort.
I drove a viper with curves and although the ski had a crisp bite on the trail the steering effort was evident.

MS

On mine with 4" bars and straps all the way out, effort wasn't bad at all, but I'm also a big guy so I've got a lot of leverage. Never rode it with stock skis so can't make a comparison.

Last year I put a mountaintech front on it and pulled the strap up one hole, and still very comfortable steering effort.

4" bar risers here. Steering is good...little effort, but I had to add pre load to my front skid shock to take a little pressure off the skis...but only to help with the darting I was having. Worked much better

How many threads are exposed on your center shock? I have the curves and they are very hard to steer even with my limiter straps at full length.

I just cranked my center shock up all the way. Had about 1/2" but still wanted reduced effort. Don't be afraid to crank it down. I am only 180lbs, didn't notice any change in the stiffness on the rear.

I just cranked my center shock up all the way. Had about 1/2" but still wanted reduced effort. Don't be afraid to crank it down. I am only 180lbs, didn't notice any change in the stiffness on the rear.

I already have it cranked up where this a 1" of thread showing.

I'm going to be testing curve skis with snow trackers end of this week. The snowtrackers really lighten up steering effort on stock skis, and am hoping they will do the same on the curve skis.

Back