• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve XS...What a difference

None below the adjuster nut, all theads showing above the adjuster.

Or maybe I have it backwards, basically no threads showing on the spring side of the nut, max pressure on the spring.

Glass half full or half empty I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah I had it backwards the adjuster nut is on the bottom of the shock so basically it's all the way up compressing the spring to its max. No threads showing above it.

Yeah I had it backwards the adjuster nut is on the bottom of the shock so basically it's all the way up compressing the spring to its max. No threads showing above it.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try some pilot 6.9's next year.

Are you running a stiffer spring on your center shock? Star recommends skidoo part number 503192064.

I'm running the stiffer spring from star on my 2013 nytro 120", I got the spring from Robert so I'm not sure if he gave me the skidoo spring but he did say it's stiffer than the original, also have his 129" relocate kit, both rear straps are set to there longest, front springs have very little preload and with the tuners skis steering is light...

Few weeks back I put on split rail skis to improve the nytro cornering ability and that was a awesome upgrade, never thought SR skis would make that much of a difference and steering is still very light...

I'm running the stiffer spring from star on my 2013 nytro 120", I got the spring from Robert so I'm not sure if he gave me the skidoo spring but he did say it's stiffer than the original, also have his 129" relocate kit, both rear straps are set to there longest, front springs have very little preload and with the tuners skis steering is light...

Few weeks back I put on split rail skis to improve the nytro cornering ability and that was a awesome upgrade, never thought SR skis would make that much of a difference and steering is still very light...
How much preload do you have on the stiffer spring?

Off hand I can't remember the exact measurement but it's close to an inch and something of threads showing, I can measure tomorrow morning and let you know...
it's what Robert told me to put it at...

I'm going to be testing curve skis with snow trackers end of this week. The snowtrackers really lighten up steering effort on stock skis, and am hoping they will do the same on the curve skis.
Hello Did ever publish results from this testing?

Back