• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dealer shout out

Snake

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX 137 LE
You all read about the issue my friend had with his Winder; appeared the charge tube was somehow sliced somewhere along the production/prep of the sled, ruining his first ride.

I emailed the dealer with the problem, and he said he would get back to me. That night, I got another email that said he had no parts for it, even after calling Yamaha.

He took the charge tube off a floor model and shipped it in time for the weekend.

Troy City Garage in New York. I appreciate it.

You all read about the issue my friend had with his Winder; appeared the charge tube was somehow sliced somewhere along the production/prep of the sled, ruining his first ride.

I emailed the dealer with the problem, and he said he would get back to me. That night, I got another email that said he had no parts for it, even after calling Yamaha.

He took the charge tube off a floor model and shipped it in time for the weekend.

Good stuff

Somebody picked a dealer that understands CUSTOMER SERVICE ! , and knows its a win win !

I don't understand why others don't do stuff like that! Now you trust him & will deal with him again. With all this internet crap, it's MORE important for dealers to give us that personnel touch. I had a dealer, while we were broken down, would NOT take a wheel off one of the 10 sleds on the floor so we could get home. We went down the road & the other dealer took one off his PERSONAL vehicle & gave it to us. We gave him $50 bill & used him for everything else including all the recommendations to everyone in the area. Now Troy City got a few props & maybe that will help with some good KARMA..."treat others like you want to be treated"

Nice to see you made the trek from Maine to get the sleds. My last 4(12xf turbo, 2 vipers and the winder) have come from them and they've always treated me right. Like anywhere, I have read some negative posts but I chalk that up to never being able to please everybody no matter how hard you try. Their no BS pricing was what got me in the door, although driving by every time on the way up to ride didn't hurt. I wouldn't use another dealer for cat or Yamaha. :sled1:

I never dealt with them before, have to admit I bought on price. Truthfully didn't know what to expect when I emailed him.
Nice to see you made the trek from Maine to get the sleds. My last 4(12xf turbo, 2 vipers and the winder) have come from them and they've always treated me right. Like anywhere, I have read some negative posts but I chalk that up to never being able to please everybody no matter how hard you try. Their no BS pricing was what got me in the door, although driving by every time on the way up to ride didn't hurt. I wouldn't use another dealer for cat or Yamaha. :sled1:
Pricing was very key in my decision to get one, as I had a budget in mind, and no one was coming close. No one even balked when I told them we were ordering 2. Being able to just accept the price they offered without dicking around was worth half the gas to drive there.

Over the 2 sleds it was almost $3K.

Just picked a sidewinder up from troy city Tuesday. Good pricing and good service. Went well and they are willing to match pricing.

What price is Troy City selling these? Did you have a trade? Troy has had some issues in the past, glad to see they helped you out!

Wow....an unintended thank you! My friendly yamaha dealer, snopro, closed shop and I was thinking when the time came, who can I trust? Excell is 50 miles west, Alpin house 30 miles north, and Troy city garage about 40 east, and had a feeling that might be the place.

Ex
Wow....an unintended thank you! My friendly yamaha dealer, snopro, closed shop and I was thinking when the time came, who can I trust? Excell is 50 miles west, Alpin house 30 miles north, and Troy city garage about 40 east, and had a feeling that might be the place.

My vote is for excell. Aaron will go above and beyond to take care of a customer! I buy several trade ins a year from Aaron and its always a pleasure working with him.

I had new info from a top notch mechanic friend about a few shops, personal experience, so I arrived at the same conclusion....Excell. Plus, we went to their grass drag first time this fall and it's a great place. Used to go only to the Ohio snobash. He's also not far from where I got my curve skis. We actually unknowingly rode past there a few years back, to Morrisville..a 219 mile round trip saturday, from home, which in New York, can be a challenge...mostly private land trails. Beautiful trails from Richfield Springs, west. When it snows!

Back