• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DIY Grounding Block Update?

DigitalFusion

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX, 10 Turbo Phazer MTX, 08 Phazer, 88 SnoScoot
Hey all,

I realize the dealer will do this for free if a bring the machine in. However, my phazer is currently stripped down as I am trying to isolate an issue with getting spark on only one cylinder. While doing so, I realized this machine may not have the grounding block update done.

The TSB (attached) says that if there is a translucent 6-pin connector installed, then the update has been done. This machine has the 6pin connector. However, it also shows that there will be a new ground cable to the battery. My machine doesn't have this secondary ground cable, only the single, from-the-factory connection.

Can I simply order the parts for this update and do it myself? Do I even need to bother, and just create a new ground on my own? The TSB isnt clear where is new ground is connected to so if someone can enlighten me, that would be great!

Attachments

• TY S2009-008 PZ Ground Connector_sm.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,548

Nevermind, I found the part number and ordered it. For 8 bucks its just easier than bringing it to the dealer

Not sure if mine had the update , what does the updated part look like?

Forget it found it

Take a couple pics during the update and put on here.

Instead of the update I hardwired several grounds (including headlights and rad fan) directly to battery (-)

I just got an 06 RS Venture--and yes--charging problems--what does the Ground Block Update look like and where located please?
The update applied for 07-08 Phazers, VLs and MPs only.

Instead of the update I hardwired several grounds (including headlights and rad fan) directly to battery (-)
Yep, I got the melted wires on my MP late in its life and rather than waiting for the parts, I just made my own too.

Back