• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do you carry Insurance?

Do you have Insurance?

• I carry full coverage to protect me, my stuff, and just in case it's my fault

Votes: 97 85.1%
  • I carry liability only, just in case

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • I don't have insurace, its too expensive or I don't believe in insurance

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I don't have insurance, it's every man for himself

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Liability on Phazer and Full coverage on Viper. Liability includes Uninsured Motorist it's only $60 a year. C'mon at least get Liability! Viper is $340 for full coverage which also isn't bad but I will probably just have Liability next year since it's a loss I could afford. Main thing is knowing if I screw up others are covered. How could a person live with themselves if not so?

Oh and when I rode in NY I was required to show proof of insurance before permit was issued. Did it right at DMV.

Oh and when I rode in NY I was required to show proof of insurance before permit was issued. Did it right at DMV.
I like that. Wish they would do that on everything liscenseable. Tired of ppl not having insurance when they hit someone.

Full coverage, wouldn't have it any other way.

For me personally ..... I HAVE to have insurance. No matter what the law is or what people might think . My health insurance will NOT cover me in the event of injury. Motorcycle, sled, boat, jet ski, moped, lawn tractor likely too! Besides ... not having collision coverage on any sled that is fairly new is silly. If ya say ya cant afford insurance but a 10k or more sled is stupid!

Here insurance, trail pass & registration are all mandatory, huge fines of not.

In Ontario insurance is a must....no insurance and you're into fines. The fines aren't as high as automobile fines, but nonetheless its illegal. I can't see why people would not carry...I'd hate to see what they could potentially lose in a lawsuit.

I have insurance and always have. Its the law in Vt, but I've always had it. I got checked by the sheriffs yesterday and that was the only thing that they checked was if I had insurance. The cool thing is if you pass that inspection they give you a sticker and if you come to another checkpoint they will see that sticker and you can just pass through.

I have insurance and always have. Its the law in Vt, but I've always had it. I got checked by the sheriffs yesterday and that was the only thing that they checked was if I had insurance. The cool thing is if you pass that inspection they give you a sticker and if you come to another checkpoint they will see that sticker and you can just pass through.
I like that system...

In Ontario insurance is a must....no insurance and you're into fines. The fines aren't as high as automobile fines, but nonetheless its illegal. I can't see why people would not carry...I'd hate to see what they could potentially lose in a lawsuit.
And if you are making sled payments through a bank they require full coverage, not just liability coverage. $550/yr for me. On a used sled, most people can expect to pay around $200/yr for liability

Not required in MN for Snowmobiles/ATV's/ Boats/PWC............ and I really wish it was! I carry Liability only since I can just about fix any oops myself for the 800$ (300$ premium+500$ deduct) difference between Liability and full coverage. 10 years without an accident I figure I have 3000$+ in the Oops fund!

unless the sled has payments, i only have liability on it. the old sleds that never leave the house do not have any on them but my insurance company would not insure them at all last time i asked whitch i cried bs on btw.

buddy has progressive. no idea what he pays. blew his track on a lake in maine last week. 2012 doo 800 BCX 6900 miles. dealer said $3700 damage, they gave him $8600 and totaled sled. already had 1 new 850, guess he's buying another...

Back