• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n Fly ?? Top end??

sxrjackson

Ok clutch tunner guys,got a set of dragn flys for my 07 apex RTX and have been playing with set ups. Ive tryed Turks setup with white spring,setup that came with the kit,setup from Scott at Boss all of them pull good low and mid range but have no top end I have it tuned to pull 10800 and creep up to 11000 on a long pull now with the stock spring and the tip and od fully loaded but it still hits a wall at 107 on the dreameter as it has with all other setups. Today I pulled them and weighted them and was comparing them to the stock weights that weight 82 grms.Theres no way to add enough hardware to even come close to 82 grms, add maximum 5.2 grms to each of the three holes in the main body that gives you 15.6 added to the bare weight of 60 and you have 75.6. The instructions say to weight your stock arms and match that number by adding weight to the main body , that is not possible with hardware supplied. Looking at the lack of mass in the tip compared the the stock arms I dont see how these arms could apply enough force for full shift out. This sled has seen numbers in the upper 120s with the stock weights in the same conditions on the dreammeter. Anybody else finding this?

The mass won,t be the same. Check the weight profile of the 2 side by side.A steeper profile needs way less mass to pull proper rpm,s.
I have my nytro pulling same top end as stock but it took a lot of testing.
If i had an apex or attak available i know i could find the missing top end as the formula for setting up the weights would be similar. after 1 year of playing with these things i finally have a good understanding of properly tuning them in.

Re: Drag n Fly ?????????? Top end?????????

sxrjackson said:
Ok clutch tunner guys,got a set of dragn flys for my 07 apex RTX and have been playing with set ups. Ive tryed Turks setup with white spring,setup that came with the kit,setup from Scott at Boss all of them pull good low and mid range but have no top end I have it tuned to pull 10800 and creep up to 11000 on a long pull now with the stock spring and the tip and od fully loaded but it still hits a wall at 107 on the dreameter as it has with all other setups. Today I pulled them and weighted them and was comparing them to the stock weights that weight 82 grms.Theres no way to add enough hardware to even come close to 82 grms, add maximum 5.2 grms to each of the three holes in the main body that gives you 15.6 added to the bare weight of 60 and you have 75.6. The instructions say to weight your stock arms and match that number by adding weight to the main body , that is not possible with hardware supplied. Looking at the lack of mass in the tip compared the the stock arms I dont see how these arms could apply enough force for full shift out. This sled has seen numbers in the upper 120s with the stock weights in the same conditions on the dreammeter. Anybody else finding this?

Do you have a PCIII/ignition controller?

I Have the same top speed 106 to 110 mph on the dream meter

Mine it a 2006 RTX 6000klm

MOD : Drag and fly,,,23/38,,,,,,,,cr10ek,,,,,,,,,144 woodys pin,,,,snowtracker,,,mobil oil syn,,0w30

Good start and turn to turn ,,,,but not so good on the top

Any idée

Warrior

you can go three washers...check your clearace in the spider..

try adding a gram to the tip....if it pulls the r's down....remove a gram from the overdrive

I run a 06 attak with the d&f weights and I still run 120 to 128 on the dream meter. Iam using the white primary spring that came with the kit.
I only changed out my spark plugs. So it is still stock.
Also running stock secondary too.
I just have not had the time too try using the stock primary spring yet, maybe next year.

Rich

I am thinking the white secondary spring is in some cases overpowering the weights on top end!

has anyone tried the black spring that came with the kit,the instructions say it is 170/400 and white was 170/360 or something as i am at work so i cant confirm those numbers,but has anyone had luck w/the black spring,and loading up to the instructions randy has in kit??

the white is a 170-300 the black a 140-400 dont think the 400 is where we want to fight against...the red is a 230-360 360 would be all to handle....I think this spring would work well if it could be loaded enough..

sj said:
the white is a 170-300 the black a 140-400 dont think the 400 is where we want to fight against...the red is a 230-360 360 would be all to handle....I think this spring would work well..
yes i just got home and you are correct,black is 400 full shift and white is 300,i wonder why he gave us both,it looks like he may have used the black with it loaded up to 5.2 in the O.D. hole,well i may have to give it a try,i have some starting points from turk and scott to try first.

Back