• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Driver issues!

Kkurz

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 XF7000 Sno-Pro Limited
(Yamaha powered)
Bought my sled used. It has about 7000km on it. I noticed the drivers are very worn. Is this an issue? Can I have them reversed on the shaft? Thanks.

The extrovert nubs do wear quick and the wear just causes more drag. I see no reason you couldn't swap them but they are cheap new.

Ok thanks, I haven't priced them out yet.

As always Cannondale, you are right! The driver sprockets are 1/2 the price of the aftermarket ones that I put on my Nytro.

Thanks for the help!
On a side note, is there a tutorial on everything involved with a track change, or do I have to piece it together from the FAQS? That's a pile of reading!

Just have to piece it together from FAQ. May want to consider getting rid of extroverts. Intros are inexpensive also. Prepare yourself for replacing whole Assy. Either way. I would take it apart before ordering parts for inspection. Driveshaft brake side bearing likes to eat the shaft surface.

Holy crap, the axle assembly is $500 up here! Is there any cheaper alternative? Can the shaft be saved?

Holy crap, the axle assembly is $500 up here! Is there any cheaper alternative? Can the shaft be saved?
Yes it can be saved. If real deep weld and turn down to correct size. If only slight wear just peen it. Some use Loctite. I tried that and had a heck of a time removing Caliper the next time.

Yes it can be saved. If real deep weld and turn down to correct size. If only slight wear just peen it. Some use Loctite. I tried that and had a heck of a time removing Caliper the next time.
OK, sounds good. Did you use a center punch to peen it? Thanks very much for the help!

If you could use a yamaha part I would price it out ! I found yamaha parts 30% cheaper up here in Canada than some cat parts.

I talked to a buddy of mine and he offered that I could have the shaft welded to build it up and turn or grind it to spec. I figured that if the shaft is screwed, I could try that. I'll get the new bearing and use that for fitment measurement. It shouldn't need to be pressed on I assume..?

I talked to a buddy of mine and he offered that I could have the shaft welded to build it up and turn or grind it to spec. I figured that if the shaft is screwed, I could try that. I'll get the new bearing and use that for fitment measurement. It shouldn't need to be pressed on I assume..?
Right. Should just be a nice slip fit. No play but bearing should be able to go on and off with your hand.

Back