• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP Milage comparison?

Freddie, thanks for being so proactive. Someone (I.E. YOU) needs to explain to the MAN that he is in fact shooting himself in the foot by NOT showing any interest in the new four stroke snowmobiles and watercraft. I have never had the pleasure of speaking to the MAN. I have always been intercepted by one or more of his evil minons and told to more or less to pound sand.
As I said before, I have a good feeling about this :) PB

Powder Blue said:
Someone (I.E. YOU) needs to explain to the MAN that he is in fact shooting himself in the foot by NOT showing any interest in the new four stroke snowmobiles and watercraft.PB

I have already tried. Companies like Dynojet have a 5 year future plan in many cases and if it doesn't include snowmobiles, they likley will not stray from their plan.

If I have good luck with testing their needles and guaranty them a sizeable order, I might get their attention. With this I will need to put out considerable $$$ but if it will be worth it, I will do it. We will have to see what he says when he returns my call.

Freddie

Freddie

Hi, could you set me up or tell me more about your ecp kit. I have an Rx1 mountain and more interested in gaining a few miles per gallon ( and of coarse power). I ride off trail 80% of the time @ 7000' to 9000' elevations. Thank's.

RX1Tahoe said:
Freddie

Hi, could you set me up or tell me more about your ecp kit. I have an Rx1 mountain and more interested in gaining a few miles per gallon ( and of coarse power). I ride off trail 80% of the time @ 7000' to 9000' elevations. Thank's.

It would be easier if you called me at the shop Tahoe. My website has my telephone number.

www.easterncycleperf.com

Can someone explain what the ECP kit is and does do you already have needle positions and sllide springs etc that you use and like. I have had Dynojet jet kits in my GSXR 750 and 1100 Stage 1 in my 750 stage 3 in my 1100 I have worked on the Dyno at my local shop to tune my bikes. What a difference with my 00 Suzuki Hayabusa. I plug in my laptop adjust at the RPM I want richer or leaner depending on the graph. Much easier. Sorry got off on a tagent there anyway what I am looking for is a kit to install to improve performance but not alot of messing with it. I understand there is some wrenching that needs to be done but I want to ride not race just want to be alittle faster than my buddies. I have an 03 shorty RX-1

I just got back from another ride and here is mileage results from this trip (12/30/03) We rode only 78 miles on my speedo today. It was with the wife and kids and Black Sabbath and his wife. So, I was riding two up (so was everyone else). At fill up after the ride my wife's Phazer 500 took 5.45 gallons to fill the sled up to the neck after letting the level to keep dropping until it didn't drop anymore. The I filled my RX-1M the same way. The total was 10.9 gallons. That means I took 5.45 gallons too. the exact same amount as my wife who rides quite a bit slower on here Phazer. 78 miles divided by 5.45 gallons = 14.3 mpg again. That's (if I remember correctly exactly what I got last time out). Now that's repeatability! This is with 160 mains and the needles raised one notch to richen the midrange. It's a great kit but the the midrange carbeuration (spelling?) seems a little imprecise and feels a bit muddy (flat/rich) at times but the burble is just about gone. PB

race24x...if you install my kit and leave it alone, you will not have to mess with anything. We tune lot's and lot's and lot's of Fuel Injected bikes...Hayabusa's, GSXR1000's, 750's 600's, ZX12's and so on. You might find yourself spoiled by the detailing that can be had with the Power Commanders and Yoshimura EMS's and thereby unhappy with your lowley ole carburetted snowmobile.

I have speed records at over 200 MPH on a stock bore and stroke Hayabusa. The availability of ultra refined tuning for the FI bikes is definately an advantage.

It would be unfair to say that your sled is going to be tempermental with these air kits when they improve the running characteristics of the engine.

Freddie

That sounds like what I am looking for. What is in your kit is it just intake stuff or is there clutching involved etc. I have done all the work on my bikes so I know Suzuki carbs real well (stage 3 is more tempermental to dirt clogging than most) I have done alot of tuning before when I drag raced my Gixxers. Would I have to send you my carbs get my local dynojet shop to do the work or can it be done myself. With the 1100 we had to drill some holes and put different plugs in the slodes to help control slide speed plus the emulsion tubes etc. That kit I wold work on but did have someone else install it. I like The Starting line because they let me help and watch and learn things I do not know. You are on the same coast as me and pronbably about the same altitude so I think your kit would work well for me. How much and what comes in it. Is there a website you have that would have the info? How long to install( I just bought it I want to ride it LOL)

PS here is a pic of my Busa Candy chrome wheels etc poished frame Two Brothers exhaust fender eliminator tire hugger sportech windscreen second look seat and tank bra small air box mod PCII. I wanted a turbo but got the sled instead.

race24x said:
That sounds like what I am looking for. What is in your kit is it just intake stuff or is there clutching involved etc. I have done all the work on my bikes so I know Suzuki carbs real well (stage 3 is more tempermental to dirt clogging than most) I have done alot of tuning before when I drag raced my Gixxers. Would I have to send you my carbs get my local dynojet shop to do the work or can it be done myself. With the 1100 we had to drill some holes and put different plugs in the slodes to help control slide speed plus the emulsion tubes etc. That kit I wold work on but did have someone else install it. I like The Starting line because they let me help and watch and learn things I do not know. You are on the same coast as me and pronbably about the same altitude so I think your kit would work well for me. How much and what comes in it. Is there a website you have that would have the info? How long to install( I just bought it I want to ride it LOL)

E-mail or telephone me with your questions. I don't want to clog up these forums with marketing my companies products. My website has the contact info. www.easterncycleperf.com

Thanks,
Freddie Klies

race24x, it's so simple you'll be surprised. Take off the airbox, loosen the rack of carbs and flip over. remove the float bowls (which is definately the hardest thing because of those damn screws) and swap out the 137 mains for the 165's. Re-attach the rack, slide the new filters on, remove the plastic caps on the tops of the carbs and swap out the cv springs and you're done :D

One more thing, stick the crank case filter in the crank case tube. Then go ride if you have snow.

I can't believe how this kit has woke up my Warrior. Very crisp throttle response with no flat spots that I can detect. I was a little apprehensive about installing this kit, but I'm so pleased as to how it runs and glad I did it :D Without a doubt, the best bang for your buck period.

Back