• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EFI sled, carb'd motor, can o' worms - HELP NEEDED

Definitely talk to Travis at Barn of Parts. He's the man. Check out his website. Lots of parts and info. He's a great fabricator too for many yamaha improvement items.

Here are the pics, I'm on board with the efi motor route, hopefully Travis has my answer :)
I have more pics and can take whatever you guys want to help see what I need...
I have all the plastics and body parts, plus both gas tanks and a lot of nuts, bolts, etc
Let me know what all I can post to help, anyone know if this track is stock? Seems pretty aggressive from what I've read on here...

The attack came with a 136''x 1.25'' track. Yours looks a bit bigger in the paddles.

Ken.......

Post more pictures of the wiring and footwells. It appears he left all the wiring in place. If so get rid of that motor and get a apex motor, no fab work and everything will plug right in.

I agree that all the electrical appears to be the stock stuff and not touched.
I'll grab some more pics of that when I'm at the garage again.
Footwells meaning where your feet go? I know there's a little radiator and fan above the right side one :)

I remember seeing 4 relays on the left I think. I'll confirm soon...
I was surprised at the value of both motors, hoping I can recoup by selling the rx1 ;)!

Here's more pics of the electrical, seems all factory and stock for the EFI to me, looks like a lot of it just goes together. Also, do the skis/ shocks look stock? I haven't seen this style of ski before

Hey everyone,
I'm definitely wanting to go the motor route just waiting to hear from @hibshman25 to see what he's got, Hopefully @kinger can take a look and see if I've got what I need minus the motor...

I'm not sure if the 'mention' feature works on this forum?

Anyone have any thoughts on the ski set up? I found them online and of course their website says they're great however I'd like to know from someone who has them... Will they help keep my front end up on the pow?

Have a great weekend all!!!

Agreed! I was glad when he had the whole wiring harness for both carb/efi untouched!

I'm working with Travis on getting a motor currently just working out shipping arrangements now ;)!

Anyone have any input on the ski's I've got? :sled1:

Good to know, I did some light reading on them and I'm anxious to see how they do this next winter... It's gonna be a long summer once I get this thing running!

Glad you went with Travis I have worked with him lots of times and every time I walk away feeling like we did good business. I trust him on all my parts needs that I can.

Just an update, the motor showed up last Friday that I got from Travis at Barn of Parts, easy transaction and a pleasure to deal with.

Now to squeeze in some time to actually swap things out!

Back