• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

end of winter

indysnake1

Country
USA
Snowmobile
sidewinder
well looks like a nouther winter coming to a end 50s and 60s next 10 days in southern north east.

I tried riding in 30 degree temps got to warm. This season has been way to warm.

Hoping for one more UP trip. Made some more changes want to try them out.

Just got back from 140 mile ride today in 10° Celsius or " 50 °f for you southern brothers " up here in Ontario no overheating issues and hoping to ride into beginning of April ! Wicked base.

Hoping for one more UP trip. Made some more changes want to try them out.

5 days of above freezing temps are going to change the landscape.
I was hoping for one more run myself. If I can't time it correctly, might head to Ontario Canada for a few days.

Cool at night here and constant grooming helps . Only a few warm days up here.

Just got back from a week long trip to Portage Lake Maine, Tons of riding still left up in the County.;)!

Just got back from 150 mi ride on north shore of Lake Superior 56f 50s and rain all next week. I think we're done.

Put on 350 in the UP today, between Marquette and Houghton, and had planned on riding tomarrow but 8 is shot coming into Marquette and 14 heading north to where we stay is officially toast also.

Very sad indeed. Fortunately I was able to ride last Wednesday- Fri. Was supposed to Saturday too, but due to over 50 degrees and rapidly deteriorating conditions we cut the riding short. Friday has to be the warmest I've ever ridden in. 57 degrees a thermometer said. No gloves and just t-shirt underneath jacket. The good thing was the Sidewinder didn’t misbehave. No overheating or codes. Still saw 108 on speedo across the lake (which is best I had seen previously, but in single digit temps and hard pack), which had very soft snow. Great trip overall, but the 2nd year in a row it was cut a day short due to warm weather causing the end of the season.

Back