• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Evolution Powersports 634 mile report and review

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
Tested all of the flashes now and can say EVP has their stuff figured out and these tunes work awesome!

The ability to change tunes with the Maptuner X...really makes this a plug and play fun pack :)

Where else can you run Stage 4 performance on the trail, dance the skis till they come down at 126mph.... then pull up to a gas station, fill up with a low grade premium and within 2 minutes....change the program flash to a Stage 1 or 2 to prevent the knock sensor coming on so you can travel and not be stranded. I know there will be a harness to connect the Maptuner X directly and record info and download on the fly....but it is not setup that way yet. But still very easy to do.

Tested EVP's Magnum muffler, passed Wi. DNR decibel testing with flying colors and what a great sound along with more hpr ;)!

Running the EVP Bullet muffler right now with Stage 4 once again.

The SW has been flawless other than blowing the stock belt at about 8 miles with stock clutching while testing.

NOS - still all stock in the secondary? If so are you seeing the binding that some owners are seeing?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Are you seeing knock on stage 4 then with prep pump? And what happens when it knocks? Is there light that comes on, does it pull timing then boost or what? It's one thing I've never heard explained on any of the tunes, from anyone. Just never talked about.

How and when do you know it goes into knock? The Zuks you could get a knock light on, have not heard of that option for the Yamaha engine.

Tested all of the flashes now and can say EVP has their stuff figured out and these tunes work awesome!

The ability to change tunes with the Maptuner X...really makes this a plug and play fun pack :)

Where else can you run Stage 4 performance on the trail, dance the skis till they come down at 126mph.... then pull up to a gas station, fill up with a low grade premium and within 2 minutes....change the program flash to a Stage 1 or 2 to prevent the knock sensor coming on so you can travel and not be stranded. I know there will be a harness to connect the Maptuner X directly and record info and download on the fly....but it is not setup that way yet. But still very easy to do.

Tested EVP's Magnum muffler, passed Wi. DNR decibel testing with flying colors and what a great sound along with more hpr ;)!

Running the EVP Bullet muffler right now with Stage 4 once again.

The SW has been flawless other than blowing the stock belt at about 8 miles with stock clutching while testing.

1 to 2 min? Did you get a cable so you leave the TunerX on the sled at all times?

NOS - still all stock in the secondary? If so are you seeing the binding that some owners are seeing?

Was stock in testing and the 1st TY ride in Houghton....but noticed the coil bind that weekend.

Are you seeing knock on stage 4 then with prep pump? And what happens when it knocks? Is there light that comes on, does it pull timing then boost or what? It's one thing I've never heard explained on any of the tunes, from anyone. Just never talked about.

How and when do you know it goes into knock? The Zuks you could get a knock light on, have not heard of that option for the Yamaha engine.

I never got a code and the AFR's would be at 11.1-11.2 and all of a sudden there would be a loss of power....like timing pulled away. Pretty cool feature, at least it saves the engine. After that I bought a bottle of octane booster and no issues after that.

1 to 2 min? Did you get a cable so you leave the TunerX on the sled at all times?

No, I relocated the ECU to just under the hood next to the relays. There is plenty of harness to do it, just make sure the steering post is not rubbing the wires.

Hardest part was getting to the ECU before.

No, I relocated the ECU to just under the hood next to the relays. There is plenty of harness to do it, just make sure the steering post is not rubbing the wires.

Good idea!! You should post a picture of it relocated. I can get it out in 10 min but it still take a few min to flash it. I hope they come out with a cable. I would love to have it live on demand.

IMG_5514.PNG

Pics please !

Good idea!! You should post a picture of it relocated. I can get it out in 10 min but it still take a few min to flash it. I hope they come out with a cable. I would love to have it live on demand.

I will and yes....hope they come out with a cable. I believe this will awesome on demand and the recording features.

Sorry for not finishing my answer....I am machined for 8DN belt (will be testing soon) but still running the 8JP belt. Also machined for coil bind now.

Sorry for not finishing my answer....I am machined for 8DN belt (will be testing soon) but still running the 8JP belt. Also machined for coil bind now.
Hopfully this bind can be addressed with a simple sec spring swap. Don't really want to dick with my setup too much as Primary clutching is about as spot on as its gonna get.

Got out yesterday and today for about 220 miles running the evo tune. Sled ran fantastic. Couldn't be happier. Never missed a beat on straight pump 91. I need to dial in clutching now. Running stock gears managed a 129 mph (gps) today on plowed ice. Distance wise hard to say exact...total plowed track was about 2000' but was not straight...so I was going about 50mph till it straightened out...I'd guess about 1/4 mile at wfo

Got out yesterday and today for about 220 miles running the evo tune. Sled ran fantastic. Couldn't be happier. Never missed a beat on straight pump 91. I need to dial in clutching now. Running stock gears managed a 129 mph (gps) today on plowed ice. Distance wise hard to say exact...total plowed track was about 2000' but was not straight...so I was going about 50mph till it straightened out...I'd guess about 1/4 mile at wfo
What stage are you running and exhaust?

Wow,thats awesome,i take it you are now looking for gears lol that is also one of the highest gps speeds I have heard of on stock 21/41 gears,so for what you now have for sled with tune,you like it better than your older procross turbo you had whipped up boost on?

Back