• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Evolution Powersports 634 mile report and review

Wow,thats awesome,i take it you are now looking for gears lol that is also one of the highest gps speeds I have heard of on stock 21/41 gears,so for what you now have for sled with tune,you like it better than your older procross turbo you had whipped up boost on?

lol...yes gears are on order. And need to install a better gear clamp for charge tube off turbo. It's blown off twice on me now. Just got in from another decent mileage day riding. I'd estimate I probably put 380 miles from friday to today on the EVO Stage 4 flash (14.8 psi) and Sandale 3" Hyperflow In all honesty with the ripsaw II track, and 192 studs I was hoping it would hit 125mph. I am more than happy it got a little extra. I need to spend some time dialing in clutching now...but I already had taller gears on order..so figured not worth trying anything setup wise until the gears are in. In comparison to my last 2 1100 turbo's I do like this one better. BUT the reasons aren't life threatening lol ...I like the suspension better on the sidewinder..(which I easily could have matched with upgrading my 1100) and I like the sound, smooth linear power of the 998 a bit better. I love the headlights, and the removal of the body work is 100x better. So IMO if ya want a deal on a great turbo sled....a 2016 LTD cat with qs3 shocks is a bargain....but I was due for a change...and I don't regret it at all....LOVE this Sidewinder

Last edited:

Got out yesterday and today for about 220 miles running the evo tune. Sled ran fantastic. Couldn't be happier. Never missed a beat on straight pump 91. I need to dial in clutching now. Running stock gears managed a 129 mph (gps) today on plowed ice. Distance wise hard to say exact...total plowed track was about 2000' but was not straight...so I was going about 50mph till it straightened out...I'd guess about 1/4 mile at wfo

Awesome and I am here to also claim a 128 GPS max speed on perfect groomed hardpack Saturday morning with 11F ° temps and 21/41 gearing. My runs were less than a 1/4 mile.

Guys, the EVO stage 4 flash is perfect and holds 11.0-11.3 on AFR's

Awesome to hear 1100saber!!!!

Almost 800 miles now and loving this whole setup!

All my mods and add-ons to this date are:

Evo stage 4 flash, 91-93 premium with a swig of octane boost to make sure
Maptuner X for all of the programs from EVO
Thunder Products clutching
Machined secondary for coil-bind (and 8DN if I choose to run it)
Lake Effect snow riser
Koso AFR gauge
On board GPS
EVO bullet muffler
Relocated ECU

Best mph on hardpack setup groomed trail, Munising, MI. Saturday 1-14-17 at 6:24am.... 128mph GPS

Almost 800 miles now and loving this whole setup!

All my mods and add-ons to this date are:

Evo stage 4 flash, 91-93 premium with a swig of octane boost to make sure
Maptuner X for all of the programs from EVO
Thunder Products clutching
Machined secondary for coil-bind (and 8DN if I choose to run it)
Lake Effect snow riser
Koso AFR gauge
On board GPS
EVO bullet muffler
Relocated ECU

Best mph on hardpack setup groomed trail, Munising, MI. Saturday 1-14-17 at 6:24am.... 128mph GPS

Not sure if you posted in the other thread..I can't remember which one it was. But do you have any pics of how you relocated ECU?

Awesome and I am here to also claim a 128 GPS max speed on perfect groomed hardpack Saturday morning with 11F ° temps and 21/41 gearing. My runs were less than a 1/4 mile.

Guys, the EVO stage 4 flash is perfect and holds 11.0-11.3 on AFR's

Awesome to hear 1100saber!!!!
So you went 128 mph in less than 1/4 mile from a dead stop?? If so my sled is a POS. Now if you were rolling 100mph at the start.....

So you went 128 mph in less than 1/4 mile from a dead stop?? If so my sled is a POS. Now if you were rolling 100mph at the start.....

Facts are:

I don't do rolling starts unless I am running against someone that says they can't hook up off of the line.

GPS doesn't lie and I have no reason to lie about it.

Trail was groomed hardpack and setup perfectly.

@shagman has them on his phone

Ecu relocation.
c7e2d1b672e04d151e5aeedc1f642096.jpg
c79f4cc7234e8938b563116e13d7f309.jpg
b35a9788c845357451b70d24931dedd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20170114_072642.jpg

This is my testing grounds. For those that know this area...it's about a 1/2 mile to the stop sign so I run a 1/4 mile marked off with a red ribbon so I can make sure I stop at that stop sign. This pic is from Saturday morning at just after 6am.

Plus, I have timers, Speedcheck radars and spend a lot of time clutching, suspension tuning and other mods to get these mph's.

View attachment 125513

This is my testing grounds. For those that know this area...it's about a 1/2 mile to the stop sign so I run a 1/4 mile marked off with a red ribbon so I can make sure I stop at that stop sign. This pic is from Saturday morning at just after 6am.

Plus, I have timers, Speedcheck radars and spend a lot of time clutching, suspension tuning and other mods to get these mph's.
That's a cool pic!!

I'm not the only one running these speeds in 1/4 mile. This was copied from TD post

"No my test guy didnt give me back my 3 helix. He ran 135mph plus this weekend in the trail on regular powertrail.
But he's got a really good track setup

I ran stock helix this weekend had no choice. Honestly it ran amazing..
Unreal acceleration

113 in 660 all gps...
123 1000 feet
129 1/4 mile
134 mph 2000 feet exact distance via td gps..."

I believe it. I ran 122gps on my 1000' stretch with mine on stage 3 with a 38 helix and thunder arms. speedo said 126. This was on ice with 2" of hardpack snow.

View attachment 125513

Have not run conditions like that. Ran trail 45 south of paradise 2 days ago. Saw 115 speedo, 108 GPS. Was getting airborne and the trees were getting close. I read all these speeds like 113 in 2ft of powder and others. Guess you have to be in identical conditions on the same day etc.

I believe it. I ran 122gps on my 1000' stretch with mine on stage 3 with a 38 helix and thunder arms. speedo said 126. This was on ice with 2" of hardpack snow.
I have stage 3, stock helix 3-3, OSP weights loaded 3-3-3-0. Have not been on hardpack with that combo yet.

Back